The Ex Crew

The one who Roman had called Virgil was small yet intimidating. He was skinny and light but had over a dozen daggers all over his person. His eyes were glowing purple and his hair was dark indigo, hanging over his pale face. He wore a long coat that had been patched up and even had zips to close multiple holes in it. On his belt was a large gun, like Prime Morria's' men had, but it seemed neater and tidier. It suited him. To finish off his outfit was an almost enviable hat. It was made of leather and sat comfortably on his head, a small collection of red and gold feathers, mixed among larger and more plentiful black feathers, and Thomas knew he was the captain.

Behind the captain were two men. One looked like Patton, just a little taller than Virgil, but, when he turned to face the new arrivals properly, Thomas saw that half of his face was scarred and brutally burnt, ravaged and twisted. The eye in that socket was mechanical and Thomas didn't even want to imagine what had happened to his real one.

The other man looked like Roman, almost to the letter. He was tall, tanned, muscular, but there were a few differences. He wasn't nearly as handsome as Roman. Despite the two having the same face, this man seemed like a rat compared to the princely aura of Roman. Oh, and he had a curly moustache. It was quite off-putting.

The three stormed over, the captain in the lead, and Roman swallowed awkwardly.

"Okay, Virge, before you get angry, I can completely explain," He began fearfully, backing up slowly. "Please don't freak out-" Virgil bitch-slapped him and Roman paused for a second. "I deserve that," He admitted. Virgil slapped him again. "I deserved that too."

The captain glared and Thomas backed behind Logan fearfully. "You deserve it? Bitch, you're lucky I'm not throwing you overboard right now! Three years, you decided to vanish off the face of the earth and now you come jumping back and all you had to say to me was hi?!"

Roman smiled awkwardly. "Um, in fairness, y-you didn't give me a chance."

"Shut up, you don't get to speak right now, I'm fucking pissed." Roman obediently shut his mouth. Virgil's' scowl seemed to summon storm clouds that encased the Storms' Guide and seemed to shield her as she surfed lightly along the air. Thomas yelped at a flash of lightning. "You vanish in the middle of the night, taking Patton with you, with nothing else left behind except a- a fucking note!" He shouted, prodding Roman's' chest harshly, making him stumble back a little. There was a glisten of tears in his glowing purple eyes.

Roman seemed to notice. "Vee, I-"

"What do you want, Roman? Why the hell are you back here? Weren't you happy away from me, because you didn't bother coming back for three whole years!" Interupted the captain, barely even listening to him.

"Virgil," Whispered the man with the burnt face. "We can deal with this. You head below deck and we'll sort this out."

Virgil breathed in slightly, taking a step back. He shot Roman one last glare and another flash of lightning and a rumble of thunder sounded in the air. Then he turned around and walked away. Instantly, the crew rounded on Roman.

"Been a while, buddy," Growled the woman with heavy makeup.

The one with the metal face, Harriet, slid up behind Roman and hoisted him off the ground, walking over to the edge of the ship. She turned around to face the girls of the crew. "Can I throw him overboard?" She asked.

"Sweetheart, no," the red-haired one lectured.

"Don't throw him overboard!" Whined the rat-like man. "I want to throw him overboard!"

"No one is throwing him overboard!" Called out the burnt one. "Harriet, put Garcia down. Remus, don't throw your twin overboard, Mymick and Fantasy, grab our new guests."

Before Thomas could even react, the red head and the prettiest one lunged forwards and grabbed him and Logan by the wrists and, in one movement, brought them to their knees.

"Now," Said the burnt man, with a glare. "Who are you two?"

"And what are you wearing?" Asked the one named Remus.

Thomas looked down at the wet deck. "Merchandise from a global company."

"My name's Logan, and this is Thomas, my little brother," Logan introduced. "We're not from around here."

Patton giggled at the understatement.

The burnt one arched an eyebrow. "Not from around here?"

The pretty girl tightened her grip on Logan's' wrist and Thomas heard his brother yelp in pain. "Explain, then."