The Epilogue

To all we have lost, and all we have saved, may we meet again," Madi reads. "The end," she says closing the book.

"Did Gabriel actually die in real life?"Abby whines.

"He did," Madi replies reluctantly.

"I have heard that story a thousand times!" Wells complains.

"I like it!" Abby protests, "There is even a girl with the exact same name as me!"

"Yeah and you know what happens to her..." Wells begins.

Madi interrupts, seeing where this could be going, and asks, "OKAY...now does your homework make more sense?"

Wells scribbles an answer on his paper, "Yeah," he reluctantly responds.

"Well, you can finish it in the morning, your mom and dad are going to be home from hunting soon, and I will get in trouble if you aren't in bed." Madi says, scooping up four year old Abby.

"But Lincoln's mom lets him stay up all the time!" Wells protests.

"I highly doubt Aunt Octavia lets Lincoln stay up," Madi replies. "Besides, you kids have school in the morning. Indra wants to teach you earth survival skills."

"Okay," Wells sighs and climbs into bed.

Madi places her little sister in her "big girl bed".

"Goodnight," Madi says, closing the door.

"Goodnight," Wells and Abby chime in together.
...

Bellamy and Clarke come home with a water snake on a stick, and only a few bumps and bruises.

"Any issues getting them to sleep?" Clarke asks Madi.

"Nope. Wells was struggling a bit on his homework, so I read the 100 to him," Maddy replies.
Bellamy picks up Wells' paper, which was left on the table. He reads aloud the question, "What is the foundation of a human spirit?"

Clarke looks over Bellamy's shoulder, intrigued by the homework question. Clarke expects an answer such as survival, sacrifice or war. Her neutral face quickly shifts to a smile as she reads her son's answer: "Love."

Clarke feels Bellamy's arms wrap around her and the kiss he plants on her cheek. They had done it. Better.