Dabi (NSFW)

In which, you are feeling self conscious with your weight, and your boyfriend shows you how beautiful you really are.

Warnings: body image, self esteem issues, mentions of weight and weight gain, cursing, smut

*please proceed with caution, mentions weight and weight gain, do not read if that is triggering for you.*

Requested by xChizakura98 on AO3!

When you woke that morning, you knew that it was going to be a bad day, having slept in until one in the afternoon, something highly unusual for you and you woke with a pounding headache. You had barely eaten the evening before, avoided questioning from your boyfriend, and tossed around all night until you fell asleep around three. You knew it wouldn't be long until Dabi returned, and you were nervous at the guaranteed line of questioning.

Truthfully, you hadn't had an appetite. It's not that you felt you didn't deserve to eat, but you definitely didn't feel like eating, for the same reason, you skipped breakfast that morning. You had gained a little weight the last few weeks with your strange work hours, and not finding time to go to the gym. It had been a while, and you took immediate notice, causing a heavy hit to your self esteem, which then caused a jump between losing your appetite and stress eating.

You were off that day, so you lounged around the apartment with rare laziness, trying to keep your mind busy. Dabi had a meeting and left before you woke, and you were left alone. Loneliness only caused your mind to wander, and you had gotten halfway through a commercial for a new gym opening up downtown, when you hastily decided to take a boiling hot shower to keep your mind occupied

The air in the hall felt cold in comparison to the hot shower you had just stepped out of, and you quickly walked across the hall to your shared bedroom.

Now, you sat on the foot of the bed, in a towel, eyeing your reflection in the standing mirror. Your mouth felt dry, and you took one more glance before moving and throwing on some underwear and a shirt of Dabi's.

Your mind drifted back to the mirror, and you took a few cautious steps, for what, you weren't sure, stopping in front of the mirror. With slightly shaky hands, you pulled the hem of your shirt up over your stomach. A deep frown grew across your face, and you turned profile to the mirror, peeking at your slightly protruding belly. You knew, deep down, you weren't overweight, and fairly small compared to some of your chubbier friends, but the voice in your mind listed everything you felt was wrong with yourself.

Your thighs rubbed together when you walked, you didn't like the feeling of it. Taking a finger, you prodded at your stomach, then tried to suck it in, seeing a slight change, and groaning outwardly. Hot tears started pooling behind your eyes, and you turned forward again, pinching your hips.

"God dammit." You whispered.

What if he leaves me? For someone smaller? I'll never get rid of this body. If I can't bear to look at myself, how can he? My face and my stomach and my legs are too round— Too big.

So deep in your own head, you didn't hear the front door, and, a few moments later, the bedroom door opened just as the tears spilled over, dampening your cheeks, and dripping onto your shirt. You hardly noticed, gaze transfixed on your form in the mirror.

Dabi stood in the doorway, watching you quizzically, but noticing your wet face, furrowed brows and distraught expression, he stepped toward you.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, softly.

You nearly jumped feeling his arms move around your waist, and you quickly dropped your shirt, over his hands, squirming away from his grasp. He kept a firm hold on you and stared into your eyes in the reflection of the mirror.