The Movie

Rumiko waited for her daughter in her car. Where is that girl? She thought, oh I forgot to tell her a time to come back, well I'll know for next time. if there even is a next time. hopefully, she doesn't want to transfer to another school again. Rumiko laughed at herself on that last thought.

A little later, Rika was walking out of the school laughing and holding Takatos hand. Well, she's got some explaining to do when we get home. She smiled.

"Mom is it alright if I go to Takato's please," the redhead asked.

"Who are you and what have you done with my daughter?", the blond lady asked.

"Mom", the girl scowled.

"Yes you can go", she said, "but be home before 10 got it?"

"Yes"

And the two teens were off.

A lot of explaining now Rumiko smiled as she drove off to the studio.

"Mom, dad I'm home", the boy shouted out, "I brought Rika"

"look Takato", Rika said as she picked up a note from his parents.

We are off on a date will be back late. 

Mom & Dad

"Well I guess we have the place to ourselves" he chuckled manly to himself.

The two went upstairs and started to watch The Greatest Showman.

"I never got a chance to see this when it came out in theaters because I had no one to go with", Rika told Takato.

"Well you can watch it with me", he said proudly at the fact that this was his cheap version of a date. Was this a date? He thought as he grabbed the remote to press play. Would she call this a date? His thoughts were interrupted by an impatient redhead asking when the movie would start. He chuckled at the comment and pressed play.

"Alright"

The intro song played and they sat in silence. She paid attention to the main character who built a circus from being a shoemaker to a successful showman. Though she felt sympathy towards his wife because she reminded her of her mom. The song she sang after her he left with the rich singer stuck with her. Rika grabbed the remote and paused it.

"Hey" Takato responded when the movie stopped, "what was that for?"

"What's that song named?"

"Tightrope" he answered as he lunged for the remote, only to fall on her lap. A dark shade of red covered his face. She started to laugh earlier. But it only made him redder than before.

With all the will power, he jumped up and sat up straighter than before she paused the movie. Rika saw the redness on his face and she made an evil grin. She played the movie and the song was almost over.

A few more minutes passed and all was good until Takato got up. "I don't like this part so ima get some popcorn", he said, "but feel free to watch it. I'll be back"

She nodded and continued to watch it.

Jenny Linn was getting way too close to P.T. Rika thought that he was going to cheat on his wife. She was proved wrong when he stood up and walked away from Jenny. The next scene shows Jenny crying on the stage while singing. Serves you right trying to make a dude cheat on his wife, she thought, find someone else. After P.T. Barnum went back to his hometown and saw that the theater was burned down and that everything started to go downhill from there.

Takato came back with some popcorn when the song 'Come Alive' and grabbed Rika by the hand.

When the world becomes a fantasy

And you're more than you could ever be

'Cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open

And you know you can't go back again

To the world that you were living in

'Cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open

So, come alive!

Takato spun the girl around making her laugh. He liked the fact that she laughed because of him. He started to sing along and continued to dance around in his room.

Come alive, come alive

Go and ride your light

Let it burn so bright

Reaching up

To the sky

And it's open wide

You're electrified

And then the song ended and they were close. Too close in Rika's book but that didn't matter in the moped headed boy's book. He leaned his head down and placed his lips on hers.

After the action, he quickly pulled away and hung his head down ready to be smacked. He felt so bad but kissing her was worth it.

💙A/N: Finally posted yay!!! 

For those of you who are waiting for THE FORGOTTEN y'all won't wait any longer. Tomorrow I should be free so get ready for a bumpy ride. But if you are here just for this story, I'll see you next month bc I have to finish writing it. See yall areound💙