Chapter Three

As the days tick on, my anxiety grows. What if she doesn't wake? I mean she has to wake. "Alpha," the doctor, Gary, mutters. I snap my head up to him seeing as he inspects her face. "She's getting better. She'll wake once she's ready."

"What about when she talks. You said that wasn't normal, what if that means something is wrong?" I wonder. He lets out a soft sigh looking down at the fragile-looking she-wolf.

"Reagan is strong. Time and time again does this girl defeat all odds and I do not believe now is when she'll stop fighting," he says stepping back from her. Gary was the doctor brought in after the incompetent fool kept refusing to help. He has led me to believe on multiple occasions that this is not Reagan's first trip here as his patient.

"I know," I simply say letting my gaze land on her soft face.

"If I may speak out," he adds looking at me. I just nod my head as an answer. "When she wakes let her recover with you."

"I've already planned on it. I'm meeting with her father soon so we can work out a schedule. With my blood in her veins, she could be dangerous."

"No, Alpha, you don't understand. While she is in a fragile state, with your blood, it is important to keep her emotions and physical state stable. That should be spent entirely at your home, away from her parents," he says giving me a pleading look. I tilt my head to the side rather taken aback by how demanding he seemed. I look over at her then back at him. Her parents can't treat her any differently due to her being a runt right?

Neither of her parents has stepped foot in this hospital since I've been here. Hell, I'm leaving here to go to a small cafe across the street to speak to her father. "Gary, is there something wrong with the McCallenger family?"

He doesn't say anything at first but then gives me a forced smile. "Irwin and Father Alpha were rather great buds back when your father ruled. They hunted together, some even say he was the closest thing your father had to a friend besides his beta," Gary says nicely. He says it in a way that would seem normal but I know what he means, and it makes my heart sink.

Reagan's father is a runt hater.

"Upon reconsideration Doc, I think she'll be taking her stay at my home. I'm sure you could inform my mother of any adjustments we must make," I say.

"It just depends on how she is recovering when she wakes." There's a soft knock before the door opens, showing a familiar man. Declan, the eldest McCallenger sibling.

"I've arrived to watch over my sister, Alpha," he says looking at the ground. A thing I've picked up on is that Reagan doesn't look much like her family. Sure there are some similarities but not a whole lot. Her hair is more blonde than Declan's. Her eyes are more grey than their blues or browns. I snap out of my thoughts while nodding my head.

"I shouldn't be terribly too long. I'll be just across the street meeting with your father," I explain.

"You can take your time Alpha, watching over her is the least I can do," he says but briefly pauses looking at the doctor. "Am I allowed to ask if my sister will be coming home once she wakes?" He adds, his tone a bit shaken. Gary gives him a soft smile while an ugly feeling twists in my gut.

"I'm afraid not. She'll be staying with me in the alphas home, that's what your father will learn at our meeting," I say, I don't miss the relief that flashes over his face. He just smiles at me while sitting down as I head to the door. I pinch my nose as I walk down the hall before getting in the elevator.

The walk is brief and I arrive before Irwin does, that doesn't bother me either. I like being able to pick where to sit. I'm not waiting long when a tall dark-haired man walks in, bowing to me. "Alpha, you requested me?"