part 2 - making eyes

a/n:

thanks to my ibfs for threatening me with azkaban, this story will have smut later on but i will disclose it at the beginning of the chapter dw

ps. i live in australia so the time of chapter release might be rlly weird for y'all in the northern hemisphere...

Narcissa's long slender fingers snake around the ornate handle of my full teacup. She places it in front of me along with a generous slice of red velvet cake. Her nails are short and filed into perfectly round ends. The shiny black polish reflects the crystal white chandelier light above us. Draco clears his throat loudly, making me jump in surprise. Narcissa smooths her black blazer and went to fetch her and her son's tea.

"What was that?" I raise an eyebrow at the blonde boy opposite me.

"Just a scratchy throat," Draco narrows his eyes. "Why did you jump out of your skin?"

"I must've zoned out, you know, got lost in the moment." My cheeks flush pink. That had sounded like a much more nonchalant response in my head. We both look down as Narcissa returns and I bury my face in my teacup. What was that? My mind spins and spirals. A throng of questions enter my thoughts but I banish them. It has been nothing. She put tea and food in front of me and left, that's it. I still avoided making eye contact with Draco or his mother for the remainder of the meal.

"Excuse me, um, Narcissa?" I looked up at her finally. "Could you please direct me to the bathroom?" Merlin, why was I speaking so formally?

"Of course dear," She stood up and reached for my hand to lead me to the bathroom. My skin prickled where her soft, cold hands met mine and my face flushed. I turned away quickly from Draco, who was clearly uncomfortable with the energy in the room.

We left the room, went up the stairs and entered a beautifully decorated bedroom. I was extremely aware that her hand still grasped mine. Narcissa pointed to the door leading off this beautiful master bedroom. "Just through there. I trust you can find your way back." Her hand let go of mine, trailing my waist. She then turned on her heel and left me, standing dumbfounded in her bedroom.

---

hi sorry this is a really short chapter, the next one will be much longer and will include the dinner with the minister and the night. i just really wanted to get a chapter out because i had like 6 classes today ugh. love u and thank you for reading <3