Chapter 7

You're his servant. You're his servant. You're his servant.

     I kept repeating the same sentence in my mind again and again, in an endless loop. I held a tray of sandwiches in my hand and stood outside of Flynn's room. I wasn't prepared to face him. Not after his spiel about hating love. But knowing I was being petty and unprofessional, I took a deep breath in and opened the door. And upon entering the room, my heart dropped when I saw that once again, Natasha was laying in Flynn's bed.

     Flynn was sitting up as Natasha lay on his bed. Her hair lay in waves around her, her blue eyes locked on his. Flynn looked bored as he stared at her and only when I moved closer, did the both of them look at me.

     Natasha immediately narrowed her eyes at me. She scowled and I gulped.

     "What are you doing here!" she exclaimed. "Can't you see we're busy."

     "I'm giving Flynn his dinner," I said. I tried my best to stay calm. "I'll leave soon."

     "No, I need to talk to you, Helena," Flynn said. "Could you leave Natasha?"

     "What!"

     Natasha sat up and glared at Flynn. Flynn met her gaze, his face expressionless.

     "Why are you asking me to leave again!" Natasha exclaimed. "What's up with you and the servant. Why do you even need to talk to her privately!"

     "Natasha, seriously you're getting on my last nerve," Flynn said. "Leave or risk losing your chance with me."

     Natasha shot me a dirty look and she got up. She stormed off and made sure to bump her shoulder into mine, and I glanced back as she slammed the door shut. Exhaling, I looked to Flynn then, wondering what he wanted.

     "Yes, your highness?" I asked.

     "Please stop calling me your highness," Flynn said, groaning. "Just call me Flynn. You used to call me that."

     My eyes narrowed at Flynn, but he looked away to lay back on his bed. He put his hand on his forehead, his eyes falling shut momentarily.

     "I think I'm losing it," Flynn said. "I can't stand being around these princesses any longer. It's been only two weeks and I'm about to crack."

     Flynn groaned and I stepped closer to him. My heart felt for him. Flynn never wanted this. He made it clear he didn't want this. But yet, his parents still wanted him to find a bride. Even after his confession at dinner the other day, his parents ignored him and were determined to find him a bride.

     "I know you told your parents you don't want a bride, but I think you should be more honest about how it makes you feel," I said. "Tell you parents how miserable you are. Tell them this is effecting you mentally."

     "My parents won't care. I wish they loved me enough to care, but they don't," Flynn said. "All they want is to marry me off and nothing will stop them from doing that."

     Flynn sighed. He sat up and ran his fingers through his brown hair, looking defeated. His eyes met mine and I gulped, feeling torn on what to do.

     "I wish there was some way I could scare off the princesses," Flynn said. "I just need space."

     "Why don't you get a real girlfriend," I joked. "That'll scare them away."

     I was smiling, but Flynn's eyes grew wide. His jaw dropped and I frowned, confused by his reaction. Flynn was gaping at me, looking unable to believe me.