Chapter 40 - Nightmare

It was probably around midnight. And I only woke up, because those counselors were so damn loud. At first, I thought they were here for me and I just thought, oh great, another trauma, but now at night? Just give a guy a break, you know? But then they went to Wendy's bed, who was a very heavy sleeper, as I had come to notice, shaking her awake. The grumpy "Huh??" she grumbled at them made me chuckle, even though I myself was also still very much half asleep and in my dreamworld of being free and with Kenneth. 

"Can you follow us please? Simon has some important information" the counselor whispered, probably so he wouldn't wake me, but man, for that you'd have to not slam my door open, you know? Oh great, was really now the right time to tell Wendy that they probably just needed to expand her stay here, again? But then again, Simon did stay up late and sometimes called us, well not me, but even Kenneth once, down to his office, to let us call our parents or have a serious conversation about our behavior or shit like that. 

Wendy groaned, rolling out of bed a little reluctantly and I chuckled, because she hated nothing more than getting up and getting woken up, so I knew how much she did not want to do this. But that bitch of course heard me chuckling, so she took her pillow, hitting me over the head with it and I exclaimed "Ow! Thats assault! Won't you two big guys do something about that??" But the two counselors just looked at me, before rolling their eyes and nudging their head at Wendy, signaling her to follow them. Reluctantly she got up and left the room with the two men. 

I laid back down, snuggling into my pillow and blanket, ready to go back to sleep. I exhaled and started fantasizing about my future with Kenneth, if we would ever get out of here alive and how we could travel around and be free and happy and fuck a ton and be in love and happy. Normally, those fantasies gently let me fall back asleep, but now, that didn't happen. Oh great, I was wide awake and it was the middle of the night. For that alone should I be suing those counselor assholes. I was a teenager and needed my fucking sleep god damn it. 

I tossed and turned and ended up groaning in frustration, since I didn't see sleep reaching me anytime soon. Great. Fucking g r e a t. Thanks Simon, once again. He didn't even want to torture me for once and he still managed to make my life hell, because I hated nothing more than not being able to fall asleep. That was hell. Ok maybe I was already in the real hell this world had to offer at the moment, but still, it was bad, give me that much. I glanced at the clock in our room and it was one am now. Ugh, I hated this. The only thing we had left in here was sleep and rest and now I couldn't even get that anymore god damn it. 

I tried to sleep again, but kept glancing at the clock. 1:30 am....Wendy was now gone for over an hour and I thought about that for a while, wondering why this was taking so long. Maybe she was able to phone her dad again. She loved her dad and hadn't been able to talk to him in two months now, which was very long. She wasn't really allowed to do so, but more importantly, when she was, her dad never picked up the phone, because he was a very busy man. So maybe now they had a lot of catching up to do. Simon couldn't really prevent her from doing that, Wendy was really fairly good around here. She didn't make any trouble, it appeared as if she was a willing participant in all of this and actually listening to Simon's words so...why wouldn't he let her talk to her dad? 

But then again, it was Simon, so who knows? Maybe he just wanted to have a serious talk with her about her next few years in this institute or whatever. I groaned, turning around and trying to let my eyes fall shut and drift into my little dreamland, where everything was alright and I was happy and safe and with Kenneth and my friends. And slowly, I felt the exhaustion of tossing and turning for one and a half hours take over my body, as I slowly fell unconscious and asleep. Ah, that was more like it, finally! 

But right when I was about to actually fall asleep, like fully, the door to my room was slammed open and I heard the counselor call, loudly "Come on girl, go inside, I don't have all night!"