18 - Finding a Way

As they approached the truck, a roar was heard. Rene turned around a saw Randall in full wolf. He charged towards them, but Hamish attacked him, also in full wolf. Rene tried to get out of Jack's grasp "Their gonna kill each other!" She shouted. Jack pushed her back "Hamish filled both me and Lilith in on your vision. You need to trust me!" He insisted. She nodded and quickly stepped into the car. She looked back as Hamish and Randall faded into the distance. She sat forward and stared blankly into the open road.

They arrived at a house "Technically, this is my place now. My pops left it my possession when he died" He informed. He opened the door and let her in. She wandered inside and looked around "It's nice" She complimented. She walked towards the kitchen table and saw something broken "What happened here?" She asked. Jack laughed "That's the necrophone...my pops broke it when he found out some bad news" He informed. She laughed "I could fix it" She informed. Jack perked up "You can? It's in bits!" he stated. Rene laughed "When I was younger, my mom worked in a factory, she fixed things like this and taught me," She told. Jack nodded "If you want, I could grab the toolbox, and you can get straight to it?" He asked. She nodded and smiled "Sounds good!" She answered.

For hours, Rene sat fixing the necrophone. A knock on the door was heard and Jack answered. Hamish ran into the room "It's bad!" He warned. Lilith followed behind him, no Gabrielle or Randall. Lilith screamed in frustration "I never trusted her!". Rene sat still and Hamish spotted her "I'm sorry...we tried" He mentioned. Rene let out a deep breath "It's happening...he's gonna die" She muttered. Hamish rushed to the table and sat down in front of her "We will find a way! don't worry!" He reassured. Rene picked up her phone and changed her setting to no collar ID. She called Randall and he picked up "Hello?" He questioned confused. Rene's heart dropped to the floor, her eyes began to tear up "I just needed to hear your voice one last time..." She quivered. "One last time?" He questioned. She began to cry and hung up the phone. Rene dropped her head to the table and cried into her arm. Hamish didn't know what to do and looked at Jack for assistance. Jack rushed forward "Hey! Don't cry, we'll find a way!" he reassured.

Rene gasped and emailed Mr Michaelson through her phone "We need to get him over so we can do another vision thing" She insisted. Lilith nodded "It's our only way to see multiple paths" She agreed.

Mr Michaelson came over and ordered everyone but Rene to stand in a circle "Mr Michaelson?" Rene called. He laughed "Call me Robbie...we are no longer on college grounds" He informed. He nodded "Robbie...how can we see multiple paths?" She wondered. He waved his hand into the middle "We're about to find out" He informed.

Once he did the spell, Rene stood in the same graveyard. She heard a voice "Go in a different direction this time" Robbie suggested. Rene obliged and walked the other way. More mist arrived and saw Gabrielle "He's mine now...no way to change that" She spoke. Randall approached Gabrielle and held her hand again "No, Randall!"She cried. Randall furrowed "This was your doing?" He questioned. Hamish, Jack and Lilith approached Rene "There's only one wat out of this" Jack informed. Rene shook her head "Hold on" She said. Rene walked up to Randall, she raised her hand and placed it on his face "This isn't you" She said with a quiver in her voice. Randall glanced at her hand "Remember everything we did?" She spoke. Gabrielle's blood began to boil "Everything was fine until Gabrielle came back" She informed.

As Rene held onto his face, she was sucked into one of his visions. It was him and Gabrielle. They stood in her room when she was unpacking. Rene was there, but she couldn't be seen or heard. She watched as he finished the last box "There...done?" he questioned. Gabrielle drifted her hand to his. He looked down and hesitated "What're you doing?" He asked. She looked down briefly then back up "I know we both still have feelings for each other" She explained. He stuttered for words "There it is" She interrupted.

"Midnight..." Rene muttered as she watched in shock. Gabrielle stood on her tiptoes to kiss him. The kiss lingered. Rene gasped, but couldn't take her eyes off of the scene. Tears fell down her face. She lifted her hand off of his cheek "Midnight corrupted you!" She screamed. Gabrielle lunged towards her and started strangling her. Her eyes drifted from Gabrielle to Randall, she reached her arm out to him. Unexpectedly, Randall gasped slightly and stared at the scene. He tackled Gabrielle off of her. Rene sat up and came out of the spell.

"I'm gonna kill him!" Lilith shouted. Rene furrowed and looked at Robbie "They all saw the vision too" He told. Rene shook her head "It's Midnight...not Gabrielle. Midnight corrupted Greybeard and Randall...but he snapped back!" She exclaimed. Hamish let out a sigh "Well, let's go get him" He asserted. Jack flung his arms in the air and let out a loud, adrenaline-rushed scream.

They drove to the house and stopped at the gate "Let me go first" Jack insisted. Jack stepped out of the car and towards the house "Do you think it'll go alright?" Lilith asked. Hamish shrugged "Only one way to find out" He replied. Rene sat forward so she can directly talk to Lilith and Hamish. Jack was soon thrown from the door and onto the grass. Everyone leaned back "Well fuck" Lilith simply said. "Fuck this" Rene put straight then got out of the car. Jack stood up "That's definitely Midnight!" He shouted. Rene walked passed him and entered the house. The main hall was empty "Where did you go?" She whispered to herself. She sensed someone in the living room. She carefully walked in and saw Randall standing by the window "Listen to me, you idiot!" She cursed. He stared blankly at her "What a shame" Gabrielle said as she leaned against the wall. Rene turned around "Oh fuck it in! Midbitch!" She sharply replied. Gabrielle pushed herself off the wall and approached her "What did you just call me?" She questioned with hostile intent. Rene leaned in "Midbitch" She repeated.

Gabrielle forced her hand towards Rene's stomach. She coward over and grabbed Gabrielle's hand, forcing her to the other end of the room. When Gabrielle turned around, Rene was missing. She looked in every direction, but to no avail "Yoohoo!" Rene called from the top of the stairs. Gabrielle smirked "Randall, would you be a doll" She called. Randall appeared by her side. Her smile faded "Kill her" She finalised. Randall walked to the stairs "You controlling bitch!" Rene shouted. Hamish and Lilith entered the house "Deal with Midbitch...I'll deal with Randall" She ordered.

Rene ran into Randall's room with him following. He closed the door "Randall?" She asked softly. Randall laughed "You're the problem...it was never Gabrielle" He spoke. Rene walked up to him confidently and placed her hand on his cheek, which did nothing. "Shit..." She said. Randall went to punch her but a hand stopped him "I don't think so" A rich English accent spoke. Grafton saved her "Thank me later, love" he spoke then threw Randall out of the room. Rene ran to his aid, she again cupped his face "Listen to me, Randall...you're corrupted, this isn't you" She explained. Randall gasped slightly and looked at her "Rene! I'm so sorry...that wasn't me!" He begged. Rene hugged him. Gabrielle groaned "Are you that easily convinced?!" She shouted. Hamish looked up "Get him out of here!" He shouted.

Rene pushed towards Randall's room. Randall stopped her "I'm so sorry, she kissed me, and that's how all this happened" He explained. Rene shook her head "Not the time! Let's get you out of here" She insisted. Grafton opened the window "I'll be right behind you" He informed. Rene furrowed "I'll also talk to you too about how you're still alive" She quickly said before jumping out of the window with Randall.