♕︎2b: Bottles♕︎

❝We got a rideWe got the nightI got the bottleYou got the lightWe got the stars (stars)We got audio❞*

We got a ride
We got the night
I got the bottle
You got the light
We got the stars (stars)
We got audio❞
*

"Guy, you have to stop bringing all these chicks over. The neighbours are starting to think I'm running a whore house."

That was my annoying cousin, Rashid, who thought he could backpack across the whole of Africa with his jolly mates.

I was crashing at his place at the moment, somewhere in Ikoyi, close to a cafe/bookstore named Jazzhole. His apartment was nice enough, nothing like the exotic vacation house back at Offshore, where I was currently escaping from, but it was nice, the way a woodsy cottage is nice. Modest. Warm. Happy. Peaceful.

And right now, I needed my peace of mind more than anything.

I rolled unto my stomach, groaning. "Shut up, Rashid, I'm trying to sleep!"

My head hurts... My stomach hurts... My lungs. My heart...

"You have to get up, coz. You can't keep doing this to yourself. I was scared shitless last night. What will I tell your father if anything had happened to you."

My father could rot.

Moaning, I searched blindly for my phone, at the same time, trying to quell the pain in my gut. I felt around for my phone, but couldn't find it.

"Rashid, stop bitching about and help me look for my phone."

He was quiet for a while, I imagined him glowering at me.

"It's the latest Huawei, right? The limited one that's not out in the markets yet."

I held my head, trying to contain the pain. "Yes." I moaned. "Yes, it is."

"You won't find it." He quipped, sitting on my bed.

"What? Why not?!"

"The girl you brought over yesterday... Oh no, scratch that, One of the THREE girls you brought yesterday, took it."

Huh?

I peeked at him from one open eye. "How do you know that?"

He shrugged. "I saw it with her when she was trying to sneak out with her girlfriends."

"And you couldn't stop her?"

He shrugged again. "You deserved it. You should know better than trusting lagos street girls, and you brought home THREE last night!" He screamed at me.

"Stop screaming at me!" I used one of the satin soft pillows to cover my head.

"Coz, just look at yourself! Fucking take a look at yourself! You've been a mess, every single night since you crashed here four days ago. Drinking and whoring around like some fucked up billionaire's son!"