1

Ugh, I should've brought an umbrella with me. I feel the rain soak through my MIT hoodie, I walk quickly to the school entrance and go into the main office. I look around for a bit before I notice the girl in the front desk typing away on the old looking computer while slightly bobbing her head to a song on her head phones.

"Uh hello". I say nervously, her head snaps up so fast that I fear that she could've hurt her neck.

"Oh Hi sorry your um Isabella M. L. Morningstar?" the girl says as she gets up from her desk. she wipes her hands on her jeans and holds her hand out for me to shake

"I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself I'm Jessica Stanley and I'll be your guide for today, also what does the M and the L stand for? Your name looks like it's going to be a mouthful. Also, you're really tall like I have to look up at you to talk to you. Also are you a model you're like really pretty?" The girl who I now know is Jessica rambles as she still shakes my hand.

"oh, fuck sorry. God, I'm such a fucking mess today" she says quietly as she lets go of my hand

"uh let me just tell Mrs. Cope you're here. okay?-she turns around quickly - MRS COPE ISABELLA M L: MORNINGSTAR IS HERE!" I wince at the loudness of her yell.

"Okay wow even without knowing what the Mand L stands for it already is a mouthful." she chuckles and then grabs my hand again. "So I already have your schedule with and you have English in first-period eric will be in that class and then Government with mike and Tyler then Trig. with me then Spanish also with me and finally lunch then bio with mike and Angela then art and then lastly gym with me and mike."

"so see you in trig then. BYE BELLA!" the warning bell rang just as I saw her turn the corner. damn school is still the same 8-hour hell hole even though tons of years have passed nothing has changed.

I walk in and see that I'm somewhat early only six people are already sitting down in their seats. the teacher looks up and sees his eyes open almost comically a smile blooms on his face.

I hand him the note to sign.

"I'll have you introduce yourself to the class when the bell rings". he signs the note quickly and hands it back to me, I stuff it into the front pocket of my jeans. turns I don't have to wait long to introduce myself. dang, I had never liked being in the spotlight.

The bell rings as the rest of studen- I mean as the rest of my classmates pour in. The teacher who i now know is called Mr. mason from the little plastic tag on his desk signals me to start. I look back at my classmates and see that everybody is seated.

I take a deep breath trying to calm my nerves i stand up to my full height while straightening my back and puffing my chest out slightly. from the little my parents taught me was act somewhat like a lady be polite and always be diplomatic and defuse a situation b fore it turns worse and if you have to fight then fight.

" Hello classmates, my name is Isabella M. L. Morningstar I'm 17 years old and I moved here from New York, and before that, I used to live in Massachusetts but I'm originally from Greece. I will be with you all for the rest of this year and the next. um. I think that it" I run my hand through my hair as I look for an empty seat. I finally see one near the back and by the window.

I let out a sigh of relief. I walk quickly to the back with looking at the teacher for permission, I fall into my seat tiredly. One period in and I already want to leave this place. First period passed by like a blur, I start picking up my stuff and walk quickly to my next class Government. ugh not looking forward to that. government, trig and Spanish suffer the same fate as English. finally, lunch comes around and I can't help to at least walk quickly towards the cafeteria.