Chapter 10

(Yo, I'm back from the grave. Holy fuck this took me a while. Not even sure why either. Anyways, I just wanted to give a quick thanks for 1k reads before starting off the chapter. Thanks and enjoy.)

Bakugo and Uraraka were staring at each other as they prepared to face each other.

Iida: What was that counter-strategy you came up for her to win against Bakugo?

Izuku: Oh, that! It's really not all that brilliant or anything. It's just, Kacchan is undeniably strong! And in a close-quarters brawl, he's got almost no openings to speak of. And if you factor in the mobility his quirk gives him, he's even stronger. That being said, while it's true that he has mobility in the air as well, if she can cause him to float, she can take the initiative from there. So that's why...

Present Mic: START!!!

Izuku: She needs to strike fast!

Uraraka began by rushing at Bakugo, keeping her body low to the ground. Bakugo brought his right arm out for what looked like a right hook, but once she drew close enough he sent a powerful explosion right in her face, launching her back. The crowd of heroes was already acting like they did near the end of Y/n's fight.

Y/n: That was quick. I don't know if I could turn the crowd against me this fast if I tried.

Bakugo saw a rustle of movement in the smoke and reacted quickly, bringing his hand down on it while creating an explosion, only to see that he had hit her jersey.

Present Mic: Wow, she made her jersey float as a decoy!! Yooo, she musta done that on the fly!

Uraraka came out of the smoke from behind Bakugo, hoping to be able to touch him, but Bakugo quickly shut this down by swiping his arm back with another explosion, launching her away.

Sero: He's keeping a sharp eye out before making any moves...

Kaminari: With that reaction speed, not even a smokescreen's any use, huh.

Izuku: Uraraka's quirk only activates if she touches her target. Against those ridiculous reflexes, the odds are definitely stacked against her.

Despite this, Uraraka continued to charge in and continue to get blown back by explosions.

Present Mic: Yet undaunted, without pause, Uraraka pushes anew!!

The crowd continues to watch Uraraka get hit with explosion after explosion.

Tsuyu: Ochako...

Jiro who is next to Y/n had already covered her eyes.

Y/n: If people can't handle this, then how do they expect to fight against villains?

Present Mic: She's pressing on her charge without a moment's rest, but... Seeing this...

Y/n: Come on Bakugo, I expected better from you.

It got to the point where one of the heroes in the stands stood up to yell at Bakugo.

Hero: Hey!! Do you mean to be a hero with that kind of conduct!!? If your strength level is that much larger, just blow her out of bounds already!!! How dare you toy with a girl like that!!!

The crowd seemed to agree with him as they began to boo Bakugo.

Y/n: These are the heroes we as people have to rely on? Maybe heroism is nothing more than a joke. Maybe the Symbol of Peace really is the only one worthy of the title of "Hero."

Present Mic: And the stands stand to boo him! Yeah, I've gotta say I agree... Oww- Huh? You elbowed me!

Aizawa: Who just said he's toying with her? You, a pro? For how many years? If you said that in your right mind, then there's no meaning for you to keep watching. Do us all a favor and go home. In fact, you ought to keep watching the match at a career turn-over site.