Eligibility Criteria

In order to be eligible and win the Wattpad India Awards 2020, you and your story/stories must abide by all of the eligibility criteria below.

AGE: You must be 13 years or older to participate. Winners under 18 years of age must have parental permission in order to enter and collect their prizes.

WORD COUNT: Your story must contain at least 10,000 words. (Exception: Poetry must contain 500 words or more) The stories can have as many parts as they like.

COMPLETION: Your story must complete and marked 'completed' in order to be eligible. (Exception: Poetry)

CATEGORIES: Your story needs to be in one of the following categories in order to participate - romance, poetry, science fiction, fantasy and adventure, mystery and thriller, young and new adult, horror and paranormal, fanfiction, or regional language (Tamil and Malayalam).

[NOTE - You can submit your entry in only one of the above mentioned categories. Stories submitted in multiple categories will be disqualified.]

STORY LANGUAGE: Your story should be written in English or Hindi/Hinglish only. (Exception: Stories submitted to regional language categories in which case they need to be in the respective regional language)

TERRITORY: You must be a citizen of India in order to participate.

DATE POSTED: Story posted in any year is eligible as far as it follows all the other eligibility criterias.

SUBMISSION: You must submit your entry via the submission form in order to participate. You are welcome to submit more than one eligible story (make sure you submit a separate form for each one). Link to submission form will be shared in this book on 26th October, 2020.

[Note: The winners of Wattpad India Awards 2019 and Wattpad Campus Superwriters 2020 are welcome to submit a story, but they cannot enter the one that has won before. Stories that made till the shortlisting phase of the past awards can be submitted as long as they meet all the eligibility criteria.]