details

I swear i don't know how victor managed to convince my parents but here i was at the limo being escorted to the headquarters. Al was assembling and dissembling his gun while i was busy reading the details of the case. 

" wait a minute i was told this was a stinking gold smuggling case... why are there victims of rape details here..." i ask yet knowing what his answer was gonna be

"it's a rape case... we used the gold smuggling idea to get your parents on board with the plan," Al said clicking the barrow in the frame of the gun. 

" But why are we in this case? isn't the police involved with shit like this?" 

"This isn't a normal one... you see we have been waiting to find a reason to catch this rapist. he is also in the underground business ... and I'm not talking about drugs but he shelters criminals for around 5 years. we knew it was him all along but we don't have the proof to put forth an arrest warrant" he says as I silently digest these details.

we get out of the vehicle and I see the very familiar skyscraper with a big billboard that says Victor corp.

we get in and I notice nothing has changed. the three walls were plain white while the forth was a glass pane that overviewed the city. the receptionist at front Stacey was busy with all the paperwork that she had to organize. Agents in black suits were walking all over the place. everyone was busy doing their own assignments. we head for the elevator and go straight to the 50th floor where we are greeted with victor's office. red carpet floors and beige walls filled with frames of distinguished agents and accomplishments. we see victor behind a long white table and a plush brown chair. 

"agent wolf and agent miller about time... I hope miller you have briefed your self on the case" he says abruptly.

"someone had a bad night..." I say sitting in the seat in front of him while Al sits next to me.

"Now... I suppose everyone knows the drill. the rapist Nick keller is an Australian and is here on a business residency visa. he has registered himself as an employee at the Titan company.  unfortunately, the company owner Joseph Titan owes Keller and wouldn't sell him out anytime soon. your job is to find Keller and Identify his motives and then terminate them before anything goes out of hand."

                                                                                        *****

"I never guessed that you and I would go out for ice cream anytime soon," I say eating a spoonful of my double chocolate swirl.

"you won't be able to get rid of me so easily lani," Al says throwing ina wink. I roll my eyes at his attempt and we find a table to sit beside the glass wall overviewing the busy road.

as Al sits in front of me we hear the doorbell ring as someone enters the ice creamery.

"Keller," I say in a whisper as I examine him. 6ft tall muscular man with a small lion tattoo on his arm. rolled up sleeves, office shirt and pants, shoes.

"what can you tell," I ask.

"definitely goes to the gym... " Al says leaning against the chair

"that's it? " I ask scoffing

"like you can do better"

"he's single and lives with his dog in an apartment in this city called "Appleton". he loves rock climbing and is working as an HR officer in the titan comp as his cover," I say eating another spoon of ice cream.

"how'd you know all that?" he says with a hint of amusement in his eyes

"I figured out he's single because he doesn't have a marriage ring and is currently flirting with the waitress behind the counter," I say pointing over there

"he has dog fur on his shirt and that's how I guessed the dog. his apartment key is hanging from his belt and I guessed rock climbing from the new carabiner hook he ordered online on his phone now along with the rope and finally, he had a few documents saying employee CV's" i say while Al sees Nick in a new light.

"well that be a good guess," he says finishing up his chocolate chip.