Chapter 20

-skip to evening before party-

Alex's POV:

Tonight was Cam's party/ get together. I'm not really sure what to wear, but Aubrey and I are looking through my closet right now, so we'll probably find something. Aubrey came over right after school, so she didn't stop at her house to get something to change into yet. She'll probably just end up raiding my closet.

It's a pretty casual thing, so we ended up coming up with an outfit that consists of, my Vans U.S Open Invetational, gray tank top, with a red, plaid flannel over top, and my ripped, slightly washed jeans. I pull my longish hair out from underneath the flannel and let it fall down onto my back.

Aubrey decided on wearing my gray sweater with a tiger pattern on the front and a black skater skirt. She throws on my black and white beanie that says LOVE across it, along with the black vans she was wearing at school. I just throw on my usual, old, white converse that I always wear. I then slip a soft, knitted beanie onto my head that matches the color of my shirt. I make sure that the beanie is placed slightly back on my head.

I take a look in the mirror one last time before we head out. I slowly run my hands through the ends of my soft, brunette colored hair. I decided to just leave it down naturally. I hate curling irons and stuff like that. They just annoy me, so my hair isn't usually done with any of that stuff.

I look into the reflection and see Aubrey appear beside me. "You ready to go??" She asks, looking at me through the mirror.

"Yup. " I say and smile at our reflections before we turn around and head towards the door.

------------AT CAM'S HOUSE------------

Once we reach the front door, I reach up and plant a slight knock on the left side. I hear shuffling inside before the door is thrown open to reveal around 10 people standing in the door way. Amongst those people, is Cameron.

"Hey guys, glad you could make it." He says, before stepping aside and letting us in. Amongst the group of people is everyone we sit with at lunch, Nash, Kian, Andrea, Jc, Connor, Matt, and Carter.

"Hola peoples." Aubrey says as she walks through the door. I follow suite and we all make our way into the living room.

"So what do you guy wanna do??" Cameron asks after we have all sat down. Everyone just shrugs.

It is quiet for a few seconds until, "TAG!!" I yell as I reach across the couch and tag Cam. The rest of us bolt out of the living room before Cam has a chance to analyze what had just happened. It was kind of random and I know, we are in high school, why the heck are we playing tag?? Well, this is what we do when we hang out, this, and other stuff like this, and Mario kart. We are all hiding around the house and it is dead silent. I am hiding behind the counter in the kitchen and slowly peek my head around the counter to see where Cameron is. I don't see him anywhere.

"AAAAHHHH!!!"

I scream as Cam grabs my waist from behind me and lifts me up off the ground. I start laughing like crazy after I realize that it's just him and not a crazy axe-murderer.

"Alex is it!!" Cam yells before setting me down again and running out of the kitchen. I glare at him as he leaves, but then continue laughing.

After playing tag for a little bit longer, the doorbell rings. All of us look at each other kind of confused. None of us ordered any pizza or anything. Cam walks over to the door and opens it.

Halley??

Why is Halley here?? I though we here done with her ages ago. Why would she be hanging out with us anyway, she's one of the "cool" people at school.

"Hey Cam!!" She says. She I so perky. She has a huge smile on her face until she sees the rest of us standing behind him. She rolls her eyes before focusing her attention on Cam again. Hey!! That's exactly what she did last time I saw her!!

"I'm here for the party, well, what will be a party." She says, smirking.

"What the flip do you mean??" Cameron asks her, clearly just as confused as the rest of us.

"I mean the party that you are throwing. I heard you talking about it and spread the word for you to save you time." she says, clearly happy with what she had just done and said. I can see right through that fake smile of hers...

"Oh my gosh no...." Cam breaths out and places his hand on his forehead. He starts pacing the foyer.

"Did I do something wrong??" She asks him. I can tell she knows exactly what she did wrong. I glare at her as she acts all innocent. The front door is still open and I see the first car pull up in front of his house. At least 5-6 people empty out of the car and make there way up Cameron's lawn and towards the front door. Then another car, and another, and another. More and more peoples pile into the house.

"Crap."

That's all I hear Cam mumble before he disappears into the growing crowd of people. What the heck are we gonna do??