1

How could anyone imagine themselves chasing their career goals? I could! I am a second year college student living on my own with a roommate, Jackie. We are what you could call, roommate goals. We became friends during my first year at this University. Jackie was a second year and she transferred from the junior college a few towns over. We immediately hit it off. Since then we have been roommates and best friends. 

Back to the topic on hand, I am a second year college student who has found a passion for animals. It all started when my mom took me to work at a young age. She works with animals as a veterinarian. She is the top female in her state. I have a lot of legacy to uphold. But she showed me the glory behind the job, not just the sad parts. She worked with dogs and cats. I found horses to be extraordinary and fascinating. 

Since growing up in the city, afraid to get dirty, I stuck with a human doctor. Although humans aren't the delight they used to be. As graduation approached I once again found myself leaning into the veterinary world. This is when I proceeded with a major in animal science with vet courses. Yada yada yada. 

Back to college, I was emailed a flyer about a judging team. I thought it was interesting so I proceeded to go to this meeting. Once their this young, maybe a few years older than me, Professor walks in and starts talking about what this judging team is. After an hour of her speaking on this I decided why not? My mother never would have joined a team much like this. 

Fast forward to the first class of the day. Yes, this judging team had a class, but on the bright side the class is in the afternoon. So I walk in and see many people. Everyone was wearing what I believe is called "western wear". I mean I myself showed up in skinny jeans with a t-shirt. Everyone else was wearing boots, nice blouse or button down shirts, bootcut jeans, and some had on some cowboy hats. 

Once the professor walked in she started to introduce herself and her background. She was wearing a beautiful black and white blouse with grey business pants, is what I call them. Her brown hair was as straight as my sexuality. She had what appeared to be brown eyes with a nice smile. She looked like a character you would read in a book. 

She had us introduce ourselves, what year we are and our background in judging. A few girls went, then a guy came to. Let me tell you this man right here caught my attention when I walked into the class. He stood very tall, and being a tall female was a plus for me, he was wearing a hat so I couldn't see his hair. He had a attitude 'I'm tired', which I could relate to. "Hello everybody my name is Preston Freeman, I am a junior here, my major is ag economics, and I have been judging since high school." With that he gave a smile and wave to everyone. 

Next came a girl who sat next to this beautiful man, "hi everyone, I'm Rylie Dyer, I am also a junior here, as well as a meat science major, I have also done this for quite awhile." With that she sat down, at this time I took my time to absorb her features. She had brown hair with blonde highlights, looked as though she was a natural blonde and needed touchups. Her face was a little babyface like, I have no room to talk with having a babyface. She seemed like a small person but wasn't too short. I would say the perfect height, around 5'6-5'7. 

Next came a few more guys. I was not paying attention at all. I was so nervous to stand up infront of these beautiful men in the room. "Hi everyone my name is Kelsi Morgan, I'm a second year, I have never judged anything before so I am excited to see where this goes," I say with a smile. We continue for a few more people, at the end we decide to dive right into the material.

We started with the different types of meat that we will come by in the contest. It was honestly so much information to start with. Soon class is over and we're dismissed. I pack my things and head for the door. This building is all by itself so I had to drive here. I head out the glass doors and straight to the parking lot. There is sitting something I am most proud of, my truck. Yes my mom did help put down a very generous down payment as a graduation gift. 

Once I hopped into my car, started the engine, I notice a group of the guys walk to their little army of trucks. I understand that it's creepy, but I watched them walk to their trucks. Preston in particular hopped into an older modeled truck and it was a cute pastel yellow color. After they proceeded to drive off I made sure to be the only one left except another truck with two of the males. I can't remember their names. I then started driving off towards my apartment and they followed soon after. Turning here and there then into the parking lot of the apartment building. They were still following so once I parked I waiting to get out, just in case. They both got out no noticing me so I felt as though it would be safe to get out. I grabbed my keys turning the engine off and climbing out. I walked up to the second floor as well as they did. Out of the corner of my eye I saw them opening the apartment door next to mine. I always wanted to meet the neighbors. 

Forgetting about them, I walked in to be greeted by homemade cookies. I turned my head to see Jackie making some cookies. I smiled at the thought of someone making food for me. My mother rarely got to do this as she was working most of the time. She greeted me with "hey girl how was your day?" "It was pretty good, and yours?" This conversation continued by her telling me of how her classes went. She specifically told me how she had an attractive professor she gets to stare at for 3 hours. 

Once she was done explaining her day she let me talk about mine. I proceeded to tell her of everyone and everything including the beautiful Preston. She awed and ooed at the expressions on my face. Once the cookies were done we sat down and watched some hocus pocus. We love halloween and love to get in the mood early. Being September we were going to start decorating for halloween soon. 

After the movie, we said our goodnights and I followed down the hall to my bedroom. Ah the nice coziness of all 50 of my blankets. I love blankets. If someone asks what I wanted for christmas, I follow up with ill take a good fuzzy blanket. The only thing that could make this better would be a nice warm shower. 

As I was setting up the shower and gathering my 'out-of-shower' clothes, I got a snapchat message. "This is the group chat for the judging team" sent by Trevor M. Odd how everyone got my snapchat. Trevor was the teachers assistant. He looked very nerdy, although I am not one to judge. I vaguely remember giving him my username after class. I responded saying hi and everyone responded the same way. Everyone's name popped up in the list. 

As this messaging was going on I had completely forgot about the shower so I quickly clawed my clothes off and hopped in the shower. After the shower ended I felt a different way. Do you ever feel satisfied being clean and fresh? I grabbed my phone put it onto the charger and laid down. After getting settled into the coziness of my bed I opened tik tok. Not entirely sure why this app makes me fall asleep. First things I see is the vegan teacher, next. I'm on the side of frustrated tik tok. Some of these videos make me laugh on another level. Laughing and getting frustrated at a half million tik toks later, I finally fell asleep.