Chapter Twenty Seven:

Hadley's POV

I looked myself over once more in the mirror. The green dress clung to me in the most flattering way. The slit accentuating my toned legs. The color made my eyes appear more green than grey tonight. I had kept my hair straight and sleek. Opting for bronzy makeup with a blood red lip. I figured Nolan would appreciate the color being the sinister psychopath he was.

I let my face show a mask of the doe eyed girl I knew Nolan wanted to see. New to the world of wolves. Innocent. Pure. Easy for the taking.

We arrived in Fenris Moon Pack territory rather quickly. Passing through my old town to get there. Past the store where I had first met Tate. Tate and West were both decked out in equally formal apparel. West wore a navy form fitting suit. Tie and all shockingly. Tate opted for a burgundy suit with a black shirt underneath, no tie. I forced myself to focus on the passing houses to hide the fact that I was practically drooling over how handsome he looked. Tonight he would play his part of the full alpha wolf everyone would expect him to be. Stone faced, intimidating, and powerful.

We walked through the doors of Nolan's pack house. House was an understatement. The home put most mansions to shame. The Atlas pack house was large no doubt but it always felt warm and welcoming. This place was cold, covered in granite.

West eyed Braxton across the room and made his way to him. Leaving Tate and I. As if Nolan had sensed our presence in a matter of moments he was standing before us.

"Hadley that dress on you looks divine," Nolan said, scanning me over with his black eyes.

"You have impeccable taste Nolan. The house only furthers my opinion," I did giving him my most sultry smile.

"Alpha Tate," He nodded.

"Nolan," Tate replied. Intentionally leaving out the formal title. Clearly making Nolan frustrated.

Nolan's nose flared as he turned his head back at me with a slight glare. He followed that scent till his eyes hit West across the room. I kept my face calm, pleasant, and innocent. As though I did not in fact know exactly what Nolan was scenting right now. The fact that my dress was covered in the scent of another male wolf. Totally diminishing Nolan's claim on me. That claim now insinuated West.

I watched Nolan piece it together and noticed his grip on his glass grow harder. My inner self was smirking at the sight.

I reached my hand out touching his arm, I noticed how his grip on the glass loosened "I really don't know anyone here other than you and Blood Bane Pack. Can you introduce me?" I asked using my sweetest voice.

"Of course. Don't worry Tate I'll see to it she is returned to your beta," Nolan said, sending another glare towards West who was completely absorbed in his conversation with Braxton.

I let Nolan lead me around the party introducing me to the other leaders of the various packs, and his own pack members. Despite the scent on me not belonging to him he still paraded me around as though I was his. We finally made our way over back to West.

"Ah there's my favorite girl," West said putting his arm around me and pulling me to his side. I could tell Nolan was fuming next to me at the display.

"What have you boys been up to?" I asked West and Braxton.

"Braxton here was just telling me how Jillian will be staying with him for a while up in Blood Bane," West said.

I half listened nodding my head and smiling at Braxton as he talked about Jillian. My real focus was on Nolan who was still standing like a wall behind me.