Chapter 5

"Well Donkey, looks like it's just you, me, and Kali" Shrek said to his best friend. 

"You sure you don't want to consider forfeiting now while you still got the chance?" Kali asked the talking Donkey. 

"Go ahead" Donkey said. "There ain't nothing you can say that can scare me" 

"Oh well," Shrek shrugged his shoulders. "I suppose there's nothing left to do but sit here in the dark and wait for the ghost" 

"Ghost?" Donkey asked, now looking a little nervous. "What ghost?" 

"Farquaad's ghost, of course" Shrek replied. 

"That's right" Kali said. "Don't you remember?" 

"As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly, I believe you had a hand in his untimely demise" Shrek reminded his best friend. 

"Hey, man. That was an accident" Donkey said. "And besides, all that ghost stuff is just an urban legend. You know that" 

"Is it?" The ogre asked with a smirk. 

Just then, the wind started howling from outside making the chandeliers rock. 

"Okay, okay, that's just the wind" Donkey said. 

"Donkey!" A strange and creepy voiced suddenly echoed in the wind. 

"And apparently it knows my name" Donkey replied, now getting nervous. 

Suddenly, chairs and other items around the castle started moving on their own as the wind grew louder. 

"What's going on?" Kali asked nervously. 

"That's very funny, Shrek" Donkey turned to the ogre thinking this was a prank. "But I know it's you doing this" 

"Hey, I'm standing right here with you Donkey" Shrek told his best friend, claiming that he wasn't behind this. 

It seemed to grow more scary as the fire went out and the wind grew louder. 

"It's the ghost of Lord Farquaad! Coming for us!" Kali cried out, panicked. 

Suddenly, Kali was whisked away by the spirits of the underworld, vanishing into the darkness. Shrek and Donkey now looked terrified. 

"No way!" Donkey refused to believe it. "This place is not haunted by a ghost, and when the sun comes up, Donkey will be the new King of..." 

But all of a sudden Donkey had this tingly feeling down his neck as he felt this ghostly presence behind him. 

"It's right behind me, isn't it?" Donkey said fearfully. 

Donkey then turned around to see a knight in armor suddenly come alive with glowing yellow eyes and saying his name. 

"Doooooonkeeeeeeyyy!!!!"

"Oh my goodness!" Donkey screamed and ran for his life out of the castle. 

After Donkey had run away, Shrek started laughing. 

"Well, that's what I'd call a "knight" to remember" The ogre commented. 

"What do you say we scare ourselves up some dinner?" He then asked. 

"I'd say... grab the kids and let's get going" A familiar voice said, revealing to be Fiona. 

Kali and the adventure kids then came out of hiding, laughing as this whole thing turned out to be a prank all along. 

"Great job guys. That was pulled off perfectly" Kali told her friends as Teeders, David, and Cynthia took off their dark hoods, pretending to have been the spirits that dragged Kali off. 

"That was so cool" The twins said, having enjoyed that very much. 

Shrek then removed the knight's armor, revealing the ogre triplets to have been inside the costume the whole time. 

"And that's why we're the Kings of Halloween" Shrek proclaimed. 

The gang laughed some more, having fun pulling that scheme on Donkey. 

"Did you see the look on his face?" David told the others, smiling with amusement. 

"He was so scared" Fiona said. 

"We probably won't see him for a month" Teeders said. 

"Or at least until next year" Cynthia mentioned, removing some of the makeup she had put on her face. 

"We should make it a tradition to scare him every year" Cecilia replied drearily, having found a new hobby which would now be scaring Donkey every Halloween. 

The gang all laughed together again. 

"I'll tell you guys, I gotta say, this was one successful Halloween" Kali told her friends. 

"But the night's not over yet!" Brock and Ann declared. 

"That's right!" Shrek agreed before turning to his wife. "So, what else have you got in your bag of tricks?" 

"Hmm. I've got seven eggs" Fiona said, holding up a carton filled with seven eggs. 

"Perfect" Shrek smirked. 

The adventure kids all seemed to smirk knowing what Shrek's idea was. 

Later~

The adventure kids were shown to be out with the ogre family hiding behind some rocks, waiting to see the shadows of seven little men approach. 

"Here they come!" Teeders whispered loudly, alerting everyone. 

The gang then started throwing their eggs at the Seven Dwarfs. 

"I love this holiday" Shrek said. 

~~~~Epilogue~~~~ 

Albert was shown to be back at the adventure kids's clubhouse hanging out until he heard a knock at the door. 

"Hey guys, can you get the door?" Albert asked, waiting for one of the Akids to answer it but nobody showed up. 

The lousy time sorcerer groaned as he got off the couch and went to go answer the door himself. "I have to do everything around here"

Albert then opened the door to see a family of trick-or-treaters. 

"Wow! Awesome dinosaur!" Albert said, handing out some candy to a kid dressed as a fairy. 

"Oooh! Scary alien!" Albert next gave some candy to a boy dressed as a clown. 

"And, uh..." Albert was really having trouble on the last costume which was a kid dressed up as a mummy. 

"Doctor!" He finally replied. Luckily the kid didn't seem to care and just shrugged his shoulders, leaving with the other kids happily with their bags full of candy. 

"Bye!" Albert waved, closing the door and came back inside. 

Albert then spotted Cynthia on the couch in her costume. 

"Oh, hey Cynthia" He greeted the fashionista. 

"Hey, Albert" Cynthia then appeared from behind Albert, startling him. 

"How did you?... And you're... AAAAHHHH!!!" Albert was so confused at how Cynthia could be in two places at once that he screamed and ran away. 

"Cecilia, what did I tell you about wearing my costume?" Cynthia told her twin sister, revealing it to have been Cecilia wearing Cynthia's costume this whole time. 

"But it's Halloween. And besides, I think I look good in this" The goth girl replied, showing off. 

THE END

Happy Halloween 2020!