Where Are You Ghosties?

(A/N Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying this story but I'm going to do a quick self-promo.I have a TikTok and make content related to Julie and the Phantoms plus other fandoms such as 5SOS and Harry Potter. It would mean the world to me if you could go and check it out and maybe even give it a follow. My TikTok is gcozzoli and I hope you enjoy this chapter of Foster and the Phantoms!)

Rosie's P.O.V.

So hanging out with Carlos is a bust. Don't get me wrong Carlos and I treat each other like brother and sister but sometimes we have our awkward moments. For instance, right now we are sitting in the living room, the tv is not on and we are choosing to sit in silence. How fun.

That's when I see Julie grab the family cross off the wall and start to head outside. Hmm this should be interesting.

"I'll be right back Carlos," I say as I get off the couch and follow Julie outside. I see her standing outside of the garage. "What are you doing?" I ask causing her to jump about 10 feet into the air. "Don't do that! I thought you were one of them," she complains. I roll my eyes and laugh. "You say them like they're evil or something J." "They're ghosts Rosie! For all we know they could be," she exclaims causing me to laugh even more. She just ignores me and throws open the door to the garage, the cross in her hands pushed out in front of her.

She slowly walks into the garage and I follow her at a much more normal pace. We look around the garage and there are no signs of any cute ghost boys anywhere. "Are you still here," Julie says before exhaling shakily, "...whatever you are?" Still no ghost boys. I can feel the frown on my face form. Where are my cute ghost boys?

"I know we saw something. We're not crazy," I say with a sigh. "Well, we're all a little crazy," I hear a voice from behind Julie and I say. Julie and I jump around to see the cute ghost boys have appeared. Julie starts screaming again, I face palm at her screaming and the boys flinch from her loudness. "Oh my God! Please stop screaming!" Snapback yells. Julie stops and I hear one of the neighborhood dogs howling from the noise. I laugh seeing Julie hold out the cross to the boys. They're not demons I doubt a cross will do anything.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in my mom's studio?" Julie asks. "Which also happens to be my bedroom," I add on with a smile. Cutie sends us a grin before saying, "Your mom's studio? This is our studio and it's especially not anyone's bedroom." Cutie tries to walk near us but Julie pushes the cross towards him as a warning. He jumps up onto the piano in an effort to escape my crazy best friend. I do not blame him. "Trust me, my...The grand piano is new, and...and...and...my couch!" I giggle at how happy the boy is to see his couch and he sends me a smile. I blush and brush some of my hair behind my ear. Julie sends me a look of disbelief before turning her attention back to the ghost.

"That is definitely not my six-string," he says motioning towards what is actually MY six-string. "Yeah that's mine," I say with a smile. He just ignores me and looks at the room around him. "Can you give me just one second?" I nod and Julie doesn't do anything. "Just...give me a second. Thank you." He goes back to the other two ghosties and they form some sort of huddle.

For a bunch of ghosts in a huddle, you think they would be quieter. Julie and I just watch them as they talk about us like we're not even in the room. When Leather Jacket says we might be witches I sigh in disappointment. I really wish I was a witch that would be so cool! Anyways, after what feels like forever, the guys finally turn back to us.

Snapback comes over to us and I raise my eyebrow knowing he probably doesn't have as soft of a touch as he says he does. "Why are you in our studio?" He asks, pretty loudly might I add. Not knowing what else to do, Julie punches her hand forward and it ends up in Snapback's body...great. She pulls her hand back out and I laugh. "That's so cool," I say as Julie starts to freak out. "Oh my gosh! How did you do that?" "Clearly you're not understanding..." Snapback sighs. "She doesn't get it," I say looking at the ghost boys. Snapback looks at me in confusion before looking back at Julie. "Ok, look. We're ghosts all right? We're just three ghosts and we're really happy to be home. So, thank you for the flowers. They really brighten up the room."

"We're actually in a band called Sunset Curve," Cutie says approaching us. "Tell your friends!" Leather Jacket adds. Wait wasn't that the band who made the CD we were listening to earlier? "Last night was supposed to be a really big night for us. It was gonna change our lives," Cutie says. "I'm uh...I'm pretty sure it did," I say with a small laugh. Everyone looks at me, clearly not amused. "Too soon...don't worry I understand," I say with a shrug. Cutie looks at me in what I think is amusement before Julie interrupts. "This is freaking me out," she says pulling out her phone. "Oh good idea J!" "What is that? What are you doing?" Cutie asks pointing at Julie's phone. Has he never seen a phone before? When did they die? "It's her phone," I explain. "No! Stop talking to them Rosie! They aren't real," Julie scolds. "Come on J, here they are in front of us and you're telling me you still don't think there's no such thing as ghosts, cute ghosts may I add." "Oh, think we're cute?" Leather Jacket smirks. I just roll my eyes and scoff as Julie begins to google Sunset Curve. "Who you calling?" Snapback asks. "I'm Googling Sunset Swerve," she says. "Sunset Curve!" They all say. I laugh as Leather Jacket draws a curve in the air with his finger.

"Whoa," I say reading the article about the boys. "There is a Sunset Curve and you did die," Julie says. We look at each other and I know what we have to do. "But not last night. Twenty-five years ago," I say softly. "What? No. No, no, no. Th-Th-That's impossible. After we floated out of the ambulance, all we did was go to that weird, dark room where Alex cried." Huh weird dark room. I assume that was Purgatory then. Also Snapback's name is Alex...cute.

Alex, speaking in a high-pitched voice says, "Well...I don't think...I think we were all pretty upset. OK." "But that was just for like an hour. We just showed up here," Cutie says trying to make sense of everything. "Look. I'm just telling you what my phone says," Julie sighs. "Yeah, you may have just showed up here but you guys died in 1995," Julie shows them the article about their accident, "When you were 17. It's now 2020." They look at us in shock.

"So, this is the future?" Leather Jacket asks. I nod sending him a sad smile. They must be feeling terrible right now. They thought they were gone for a night but it's been 25 years."Wait. So...So, it has been 25 years?" Alex asks. "That's what we're trying to tell you," I say crossing my arms. "I have been crying for 25 years? How is that possible? He asks his bandmates, completely ignoring me. "Well, you're a very emotional person,"Leather Jacket explains."I am not!" Alex says, overdramtigcally.

"Thought you were afraid to come out here." Oh no. Why did Carlos have to come out here? The boys separate as Carlos walks his way into the garage, completely ignoring the boys. Can he not see them? How interesting. "You talking to your ghost friend? How does he look? Is he hideous?" "He can see you," Alex jokes causing me to laugh."No, he can't," Julie says making Carlos look at the both of us weirdly. "What?" He asks looking around. "Uh...what do you want Carlos?" I ask, trying to change the subject. "A normal sister, for starters. Make that two normal sisters I guess. Stop being weird and come eat," He says before walking out. "Aww he called me his sister I feel honored," I say with a smile. Julie ignores me and talks to the ghosts boys again. "He couldn't see you." "Yeah. I mean, that's...usually how ghosts work," Alex explains. "But we can see you guys," I reply. Julie just groans before walking to the garage door. "Look, I'm very sorry for what happened to you guys, but this isn't your studio anymore. You have to leave." Julie...no... "But wait! We...we didn't get your name," Cutie says trying to ease the obvious tension in the room. "It's Julie," she says. "Cool," he chuckles, "I-I'm Luke, by...by the way. And this is—" "Reggie. I'm Reggie. Hey," Reggie says cutting him off. "And..." "Alex. How's it going?" He says quietly. Aww they're all so cute. Luke gestures at his band and softly says, "Ba-da." Wow so they're cute and dorks.

"OK?" Julie says annoyed. She walks out of the garage and I sigh causing all three guys to look at me. "Oh yeah hi I'm still here in case you haven't noticed," I say crossing my arms.
"And your name is?" Luke asks with a smile. "Rosie. Rosie Foster," I say. "You seem nice and so does Julie," Reggie says making me chuckle to myself. "Did you miss the part where she kicked us out, or..." Alex asks causing me to sigh. "Don't worry too much about Julie. She's just been going through a lot lately. I'll try talking her into letting you guys stay," I say making my way towards the garage door. "Thank you," Luke says and I just nod. I'm about to leave the garage when Luke's voice stops me. "Rosie?" I turn around and face the boy. "It was nice meeting you." I smile at the boy and reply, "It was nice meeting you too Luke." I exit the garage and think about the task ahead of me. Now, how on Earth am I going to convince Julie to let three ghost boys live in her garage? This should be a fun challenge.