𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸

Future A/N : Ngl the first few chapter of this story is rough and cringe and has terrible writing🧍🏽‍♀️

I tried editing them without changing too much but sheesh 😬 still sucks!

———

Lily

I walked into the almost empty airport, side by side with Bella. Not many people were in the place aside from a few people getting on planes and the airport workers.

Most were tourists vacationing in the quietest corner of America they could find: Forks, Washington.

I was almost sure they stayed in Seattle most of their stay. I could almost feel their disappointment radiating from them in waves. They either weren't expecting the dingy weather and wore down atmosphere, or they didn't want to go home to their equally boring lives.

Aside from my inquiries, something else rested on the surface of my mind. My eyes scanned through the crowd, trying to catch the eyes of a certain sherif. It was easy to find him. He wore his pristine chief badge with pride, oh and he held a sign.

When my gaze fell on him, I could practically see the happiness radiating off of him. My eyes trailed to his terrible handwriting which sketched out the letters spelling both my twin and I's name.

I almost wanted to deny the blood running through my veins when my eyes landed on his horrid shaky handwriting, but I knew him, and he knew me. He knew what was coming and braced himself.

I let out a squeal, before dropping my bags and racing towards him. Happiness flooded my chest at the sight of him. Months. Months had gone by and I haven't seen him. But now I do. His messy mop of brown hair and awkward brown eyes. I see Charlie Swan. My first best friend. The man who practically forced me out of my Harry Potter obsession; my person.

He was still in his sherif uniform but I knew he was off duty. He was always so dedicated to his job. He felt the weight of the town on his shoulders and sometimes, I couldn't help but worry. Never mind that though, those thoughts didn't matter. I see him!

When he saw me running up to him, his arms flew open. I quickly tackle him into a hug.

He let out a chuckle before squeezing me.

He let go of me, looking at Bella.

I raised an eyebrow, I could practically feel the awkwardness radiating from them.

I could only rock on my feet waiting for one of them to break the suffocating silence. I nudged Bella causing the girl to give me a small glare before she walked over to him, engulfing him into a half-hearted, tender hug. Dad awkwardly patted her back and looked at me as if asking me to save him from this rather embarrassing encounter.

I bite my lip in attempt to hold back an onslaught of laughter. What kind of father-daughter duo was this? I shook my head slightly and cleared my throat.

The hug lasted a few more seconds before he let go of her.

She turned her attention to me scowling at my failed attempts to stop my laughter.

"Uh, lets get to the car." He dismissed.

Bella and I grabbed our bags, Dad talking a few as well. We walked out of the airport, and I felt the draft hit my face.

Breathing in the humid air, I closed my eyes for a brief moment, a sense of familiarity rushing through me.

Finally home.

I sat in the back seat, wanting nothing more than Bella and our dad to talk so the car ride wouldn't be so awkward

I rambled on and on at first. Eventually I got bored of talking of my experiences back in Arizona and assumed Bella would pick up where I left off.

I was mistaken.

Bella continued to stare out the window with blank eyes, while our dad kept his eyes on the road. We sat in an uncomfortable silence. No amount of Subway Surfers could help us with it.

My eyes traveled over to the window, where I saw that we passed the WELCOME TO FORKS sign.

I let out a sigh. I wish they would get closer, but I'm not going to force it on them. Bella could be closer to our mom, but I don't see why she would at to be. She's practically a dead beat. However, it's more like she just can't form an emotional attachment to anyone. I don't blame her. People suck.

Sometimes I worry for her. She was too introverted for her own good. She didn't bother to form any meaningful connections in her life, not even with family. We barely had a connection ourselves.

I lightly shook my head as we pulled up to the familiar street.

"Your hair is longer." Dad said, trying to break the obvious awkward tension.
Bella glanced at him before looking down to her hair. She took a piece in her hand before responding.

"I cut it since last time I saw you." She told the man. Her voice held practically no emotion. I rolled my eyes at the conversation.

"Wow," I muttered under my breath.

"Oh.. guess it grew out again." He said briefly closing off the conversation.

He slowly pulled into the wet driveway.

Not giving him the chance to park I hop out the car. I almost fall but I play it off. I let a smile grow on my face, ignoring the yelling of my dad and Bella.

I grabbed the key that I managed to snag while in the car with him, and quickly open the door. I'm amazing. I left it to her Bella and dad to get the bags out of the car. I did most of the packing anyway, this is payback.

I rushed up to my room and threw the door open. It looked the same. My room was the attic, something I had chosen when was just a little girl. The walls were painted a pale lavender  with LED lights, fake vines, calligraphy, and drawings from friends hung up. The shelves were filled with scented candles and plushies. My bed was simple enough. It was rested against a wall, queen sized sigh a grey comforter and satin sheets.

The faint smell of Cinnamon and coffee hit my nose. I turned to see one of my favorite candles burning. Dad. I shook my head and smiled.

I got a tingly feeling in my chest, the homesickness I felt was replaced with a feeling of satisfaction. I was happy to be home.

But I didn't know what trouble I was in for.