[ 2 ] - "I'll find you."

Write a story that starts with, "I'll find you."

This prompt was gotten from the IG profile, The_writers_base. Their content for writers is phenomenal.

-✨-

"I'll find you." He finished, the screen began to glitch, before going black.

I wasn't scared, not in the slightest.

Trying to leave a cartel is hard enough. Running away from a cartel after shattering a vital drug warehouse to bits? That's painting a damn target on your back, one that certainly won't derail.

Oh no, I didn't do that if that's what you're thinking. I shattered three warehouses to bits, each worth over one hundred and fifty million dollars.

I threw the phone I got the message on, over the roof and didn't hear the sound of it hitting the ground. The building is damn high. 25 stories.

I walked up to the door leading to the rooftop and tried to yank it open. It didn't budge. I shot it, that did the trick.

The interior was well lit, which is good. I didn't run away from one of the biggest cartel lords to end up dying from missing a step on the stairs.

I got off the last step, and I still wasn't harassed by security. So much for top-notch protection.

I was on the 25th floor, the grandest of all. It was for the boss.

The air conditioner did a great job of keeping the environment cool. A Pristine white carpet covered every inch of the ground, and I wasted no time greeting it with my shoe. Glass walls on opposite sides of the hallway gave way for a lot of natural lighting, and a good view of the hustle and bustle below. The diamond chandelier and numerous ceiling lights seemed useless at the moment. Million-dollar artworks adorned a section of a stone wall, like a gallery. And every corner of the hallway had a white porcelain vase that housed deep red roses.

As soon as I opened the door leading to the secretary's office, robotic hands surrounded me. One took off my jacket. Another held a tray containing chocolate bars and snacks. The one last held a cup of steaming hot coffee in front of me. I took four chocolate bars and the coffee cup.

"Welcome. Boss has been awaiting your arrival. You may go in." The secretary said, gesturing towards a door that read, 'Boss'. Like I needed her permission.

I walked in, headed straight for the clients' chair, sat down, and placed my feet on the white marble table, after keeping my coffee cup on it, and chocolate in my pocket.

He looked straight into my eyes from his side of the table. I can bet a hundred dollars that I am much taller. He narrowed his eyes, and I grinned.

"Get your feet off of my table." He said.

"Nice office," I replied, looking around. "It's different from last time."

"You came in through my glass wall the last time Tyson, of course, I had to make some changes." Oh right, that explains it. "Let's get to the matter at hand." He continued narrowing his eyes at my feet then looking back at me.

He rose a brow.

I nodded, he smiled.

I rose a brow, he scowled then took out his phone. Mine chimed, and then I smiled.

"Nice doing business with you buddy," I told him, stood on my feet, then patted his back. He didn't react. Next time, I'll go in through his air vent.

I walked away.

*-*-*

The room was shrouded in darkness, courtesy of me. The only source of light was my phone screen. I stood in front of the mirror and took a look at myself.

Huge brown eyes.

Narrow lips.

Button nose.

A moustache.

Long brown hair.

Square jawline.

It didn't feel right.

I began to pick at the seams, and the mask came off. I took off the wig as well.

Light blue eyes stared back at me.

Full lips.

Pointed nose.

No moustache.

Long black hair.

Chiselled jaw.

Much better.

I laid the mask and the wig inside the drawer, next to the five other ones I had.

The playfulness was gone. I schooled my features into a serious look.

The scar across my right eye reminding me of why I was doing this. I couldn't forget If I wanted to.

Hell was about to break loose.

I sat by the window, overlooking the city, eating a chocolate bar. It's tasty.