1000 doves

POV GAGA

"are you with Taylor again?" The girl asks me

"yes, we’re trying again..." I say a little embarrassed

"how nice, I’m so happy for you" she's cute, I’d like to hug her but I don’t want to embarrass her too much

"but let’s not think about me, now there is you first of all. Would you like to come with me to the studio? I have to see Bobby to arrange some things for the new record "

"and you ask me? Absolutely yes"

"come with me" I take her by the hand, I lead her  in my room and I open the closet " choose what you want"

"WHAT? but I-"

"shh really choose what to wear and then you can also keep them"
Francesca is still in front of the closet with her mouth open from amazement as she looks at the infinity of clothes inside.

"OK I’m going to clean the kitchen, as soon as you’re ready we go" and I walk away, I don’t want to put her some pressure.
5 minutes later Francesca comes out of the room with a simple jeans stopped by a white belt and a pink shirt with the words Versace. She looks really good in it.

"Gaga...Can I, just if you want to, maybe... no, I can’t help it"

"Hey tell me, what do you need? I’m here for you."

"Do you have an eyeliner I can borrow? I’ve been wearing it for a year now and if I don’t I feel a bit 'naked"

"but of course, follow me" and I make her way to the bathroom where I keep some makeup, but very little since most of the time it’s Sarah who has everything to do my make up.

" Can I do it?"

"Y-yeah, sss-sure, I don’t want to bother you."

"It’s just an eyeliner, don’t really mind."
"Last night I saw that you had your phone dead, I put it to load a bit, it’s on the bedside table next to my bed"

"thank you so much"

We go down to the ground floor where there is already my bodygard and...fuck the paparazzi. I had totally forgotten. I take Francesca by the arm and I bring her closer to me.
" Honey, I’m so sorry, I don’t want to put you through this, but there are so many paparazzi out there, I don’t want anything happen to you...Are you scared?"

" I don’t know, being photographed makes me a little uncomfortable"

"I know, I know, if I could use another exit but they would still find me"
"OK stay close to me, let’s make it fast, in-out and back in the car is fine?"

"Okay, I’m ready," she says, pretty sure.
I hold her in my arms and we go out.

The sound of the flashes overwhelms us, there are people shouting my name, fans, paparazzi...I walk as fast as I can to get to the car in front of us. We go in and I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Hey, are you okay? See, we’re already in."

We get to the studio and I see Bobby talking on the phone.

"Stefani’s here, I’ll call you back"

"Hey, how are you man?" I ask as I hug him.

"I’m great and...." he is aware of the presence of francesca "... you?"

" she’s Francesca ( she’s Italian!)"

"nice to meet you I’m Bobby but I think you already know who I am"

"yes in fact I know hahah my pleasure" and they shake hands then Bobby turns to me.

" So today we record 1000 Doves on the piano?"

" yes boss"

"WAIT BUT NOW YOU RECORD THE SONG?!?!" Francesca asks me that she’s already starting to sound like my biggest fan

"exactly you heard right, and you’ll be the first fan to hear it in advance so get lucky" "

" hey while Stefani records you can stay here with me" says bobby smiling

"sure, I feel honored"

I enter the recording room, put on my headphones and sit on the piano: I take a deep breath and start singing.

[...] Lift me up, give me a start
'Cause I've been flying with some broken arms
Lift me up, just a small notch
And I'll be flying like a thousand doves
A thousand do-oh-oh-oh-oh-oves (Oh-oh)

I've been hurting, stuck inside a cage
So hard, my heart's been in a rage
If you love me, then just set me free
And if you don't, then baby, leave
Set me free [...]

I turn around to see if Bobby has anything to say, and as I see Francesca crying, she’s excited.

" Stefani you were perfect, for today we finished" Bobby says

"Hey honey, all right? do you like the song?"

" I’m just so proud of you and yes the song is a masterpiece"

"oh thank you, come here hug me"
"my fans are one of the most beautiful things that could happen to me in life, thank you for always being there"
"Do you want to go to Starbucks?"

" Yeah, you want me to go and get something for the both of us ? at least no paparazzi"

"you’re kind but I come with you, I’m used to having them around"

In about 5 minutes we arrive at Starbucks and like nothing a wave of fans and paparazzi attacks us, luckily there are my bodyguards that keep the situation under control.

" What do you take bellissima?" I tell her trying to make her smile with my Italian skills.

"a frappuccino coffee is more than good, grazie mille" emphasizing the thank you very much in Italian.

POV FRANCESCA

"...grazie mille"

My phone rings, it’s Martina.

_______________________________________________________

hi guys, I'm finally back!
I repeat english is not my first language so if you see mistakes tell me💕
hope you like it