Chapter Eight

Dust found himself sitting beside Classic as the other's observed his condition. His breathing was weakened and the blood loss had been significant. Luckily Nightmare had acted fast. There was a suffocating silence among them all as Classic remained comatose. Dust was worse off then the rest. His eyes were sad, almost empty. Killer noticed, a gentle hand pressing to his friends shoulder. The feeling turned Dust's attention, tears trailing his face.

"It'll be okay Dust, I promise! Classic is strong..."

"This is all my fault... I'm an idiot!" Dust's words caused confusion as Nightmare stepped forward. 

"This isn't your fault Dust. Someone got to him before you could help..."

"No! I caused this... I met him in the alley and didn't recognize him! I hurt him... Oh God..." Killer panicked as Dust's breathing became erratic. While others grew angry, Killer tried to ease Dust.

"So HE did this?" Horror's tone was threatening, footsteps moving toward the bed. Killer rose before guarding his friend, Nightmare reaching for the aggressor.

"Calm down Horror... He said he didn't recognize him, so he is not at fault entirely. While he did harm him, it was not intentional." The room fell silent as no one knew what to say. What could anyone say? They all were worried and on edge. One wrong word and a war would begin. 

Midoriya sat in class glancing to the seat where Classic sat. Tsuyu had refused to attend, hoping to avoid the announcement. It wasn't like he was looking forward to it. Sighing heavily, Midoriya leaned back in his chair. Bakugou noticed, his usual yelling beginning. The whole class stared in shock as the green haired kid rose slowly. Narrowed eyes were directed toward the blond, silencing him.

"For Once, Shut Your God Damn Mouth Bakugou! I Am Tired Of Your Shit, Got It?" He nodded in response as the door slid open, Aizawa entering. He noticed the empty seat before Midoriya's gaze explained it all.

"Good morning class. Can you follow me Midoriya to the hall?" The green haired kid nodded, ignoring Bakugou entirely as he entered the hallway. Aizawa followed in his tracks, worry on his expression.

"Sorry about that Sensei..." Aizawa shook his head before leaning on the wall.

"What's up? I've never seen you snap, so somethings bothering you!" Midoriya inhaled a sharp breath before nodding.

"I went out last night with Classic and Tsuyu. When we were in the city, he stopped by an ice cream place but didn't enter with us. He warned us to enter and he would join shortly. At first we listened, but when we left he was in an alley injured." Aizawa frowned before listening intently. "Five people showed up and took him... I don't know where, but one was his attacker." 

"Villains!" There was a momentary pause before Midoriya spoke up.

"I'm not entirely sure... The one who injured him seemed to regret it. He apologized to an unconscious Classic. What if they know each other, or he was avoiding them?" Aizawa scowled before rubbing his eyes.

"We won't really know unless Classic told us. For now, assume villains took him. We don't know if they are harmful to him or not, so better be prepared. I'll report it and see what we can do and what leads we have." A long sigh left Izuku as he tapped his head off the locker beside the room.

"I should have done something..." 

"It was best you didn't. They got Classic, but you escaping unnoticed allowed us to receive information. Quirks are not to be used in public anyway. Head back in and tell the class to have a free period. Good job Midoriya." The response left Midoriya grinning. It felt nice not being the problem child for once.

Most had left Classic's area, all beside Dust. Tears stained his face as he remained beside the still form. His head rested on the pillow with Classic's, arms wrapped gently around his torso. Gentle breathing filled the room as Dust remained ensnared in the pits of his own mind. Sorrow and regret engulfed him, causing only more tears. His voice was weak, body trembling every time he glanced toward Classic.

"I'm so sorry..." He leaned his head against Classic's as his lips gently pressed to white hair. His hadn't noticed the slight moving beside him until a soft hand played with strands of his hair. Dust widened his eyes as he peered to the pained expression on Classic's face.

"Don't be sorry Dust... You didn't mean it!" 

"But I could have killed you!" Classic chuckled softly as he leaned his forehead on Dust's.

"But you didn't. I love you all more than anything, so I will never hate you. Please don't put yourself down for a simple mistake." Silence followed as soft lips pressed to Dust's cheek. Classic gave a small grin before shifting slightly. He snuggled closer, easing some of the regret. Dust felt a smile tug at his mouth as he welcomed the embrace.

"You know, we all love you too." There was a simple nod in response as Classic changed his tone.

"I know, just don't expect I'll pick one! I'm rather selfish." A short chuckle left Dust.

"We know! You fell into this world and dragged us with you." 

"I'm grateful you did. It's nice not being alone, you know?" Dust nodded slowly as he stared to the ceiling.

"I understand the feeling better than anyone. You and the others are the only family I have." Classic held on tighter as another kiss was placed on Dust's chin.

"That will never change. We will be together forever!" A genuine smile formed on Dust as he nodded, his voice hopeful.

"I hope so. This is nice!" He was waiting for Classic's response, but the gentle snores drew a calming expression. He trailed fingers through Classic's hair as he felt himself welcome sleep. Classic was too forgiving, but it was the only reason they all bonded so well. His indifference left the doors open for relationships. He was everything Dust no longer could be. Classic was the only person who could fill the gap in everyone's soul. He was the key to their peace of mind. Their salvation.