Chapter 23- The Royal Council

It was two weeks later, and the past two weeks have been the best weeks of my life. Harry and I had been stuck together like glue, and I was perfectly fine with it. However, with how much being Mal's sister piled up, I was barely able to text Harry.

Ben and Mal had given me a royal invitation to join the Royal Council, which I had happily accepted. We sat in the Council room, waiting for Belle and Beast to arrive. I rolled the ember in my hand. Ben had mentioned that we were going to make some decisions on what to do with the ember, so I brought it with me.

Belle and Beast arrived after a few more minutes, sitting across from Mal and me. Ben sat at the end of the table, next to Mal, while I sat by Fairy Godmother at the other end. Belle sat on the other side of Ben and in front of Mal while Beast sat in front of me and next to Fairy Godmother.

"I'd like to call this meeting to order at four o'clock p.m. on July Fifteenth," Ben said, breaking the silence. "First, I would like to discuss what we are going to do with the new arrivals of kids and their parents."

"We need to get them registered and into new dorms," Mal reasoned.

"But how? We certainly don't have enough girls and boys dorms to fit all of them," Beast questioned.

"Three kids to a dorm, if it's necessary. Kids like Mal and I don't have many belongings, and we don't need as much as the others do," I admitted.

"Okay, but how do we solve the boys and girls situation?" Ben asked, scribbling down my ideas on a sketchpad.

"Mix. There are two walk-in closets and bathrooms per dorm, so there shouldn't be any trouble with that. Add people to the dorms with no roommates," I replied.

"Do you want to be in charge of this project, (Y/n)? I'm sure you know who would fit well together in a dorm," Belle asked with a smile.

"I would be thrilled to, as long as Mal could help me," I said, looking at her.

She nodded in response.

Ben moved on. "Okay, next topic. How long should school be mandated for them? I don't think some of them would want to stay in school the whole time."

"Finish the rest of high school, and at least one year of college. That way they're prepared to know what the outside world expects of them," Fairy Godmother piped up.

"All in motion?" Ben asked.

We all raised our hands in agreement. Ben smiled and jotted it down.

"Okay, next. (Y/n), would you like to lead the discussion?" Ben motioned to me.

I nodded. "The ember is one of the dangerous artifacts of fairy tale history. My father passed it down to me before he left for the Isle the day he woke up Audrey. Ben wanted to discuss what to do with it, along with the other artifacts of former villains."

"I think the next generation should be able to decide what to do with it," Belle said.

"Belle, some of these kids still believe that they could take over the world with evil. They might use these artifacts to help that," Mal argued.

"I believe we should place them in a room in the museum, with plexiglass and force fields in case someone tries to steal them," Beast said. "Although, I believe (Y/n) is a different cause. She might need the ember when she becomes the successor."

"Successor? To what?" I questioned.

"To the underworld. You are the most prominent of the five of us, and he is your favorite," Mal explained.

"What about Melinoe and Zagreus? Dad always told us about them," I reasoned.

"He didn't tell you?" Belle asked.

I shook my head no.

"When you and Mal were born he wrote a letter to us and told us that you would become the successor," Beast explained.

I put my hands in my face in shock, taking in the information. I was supposed to rule the Underworld? But I don't know anything about it. I've never been there in my life. I looked around the table. They looked back at me with worry. An Isle girl ruling the Underworld? It was like it was unfathomable.

"Hades explained he would train you. When you were eighteen, you would be crowned Queen of the Underworld," Fairy Godmother added.

"But that's only a few months from now! How am I going to learn how to do that?" I asked in disbelief.

"You'll learn quickly. You've seen me doing my duties as Lady of the Court, it's probably not that different." Mal shrugged, slightly assuring me while at the same time worrying me.

"Next. What are we going to do about the parents and their living conditions?" Ben asked.

"We'll build them homes in their native land. I'm sure they'll like it like that," Fairy Godmother said.

Mal smiled. "I second that."

Ben smiled and wrote down the decision.

He adjourned the meeting a few moments later. I walked out with Mal, taking a limo to the dorms. I was setting up my dorm for the school year. Thinking about my new project, I looked at the other half of my empty room. Someone would occupy it soon, and it was up to me to determine who.

"Relax. You have three weeks to get everyone sorted into dorms," Mal said, patting my shoulder for comfort.

I smiled. "I know three already. Uma with me, Harry and Gil in another."

"What about Carlos? He doesn't have a roommate thanks to Jay moving out," Mal pointed out.

"Zevon. Same IQ, wicked with science and potions," I said quickly.

"Okay. CJ?" Mal said.

"Harriet. Both sisters, and they get along pretty well."

"Ginny?"

"Dizzy. Same taste in fashion and are both artists."

"Wow. How do you do that?" Mal asked.

"I've met them, gotten to know them. I've seen them collaborate. Sure, Zevon and Carlos didn't get along at first since Zevon was trying to take over Auradon, but I bet they would get along if they got to know each other better," I explained.

Mal nodded as I picked up something curious from one of my boxes. It was a heart frame, with a picture of Harry and I on the Lost Revenge. Uma had taken it with an old polaroid, but it still came out beautiful. "What about Harry?"

"What?" Mal asked, confused.

"What will happen to Harry when I become Queen of the Underworld?" I said, adding more detail.

"He'll become the King, but you'll still be the sole ruler," Mal said.

I smiled and placed the frame on my dresser, as well as a framed picture of the four of us, taken by Cooper. I put the ember in one of the smaller top drawers, hidden underneath a shirt that I would never wear.

"In a case of evil takeovers, the ember is right here," I said to Mal.

She nodded.

We walked out of the dorms together, turning into dragons and heading over to Evie's. Harry and Uma were in the grass, fighting each other with swords. They looked up at us, Harry smiling at the sight of us. I landed in front of him, turning back into a dragon and hugging him.

"I need to talk to you about something."