Just A Normal Day

Word count: 419

"Be back soon, I know how you love to take your time!"

Alex rolled her eyes. "I know. I'll come straight back. Don't worry so much!"

"You better." Lexi muttered under their breath.

"Aww, I thought that you had more faith in me!" Alex said while getting her hoodie and car keys. Lexi laughed and hugged Alex. "I'll be back before you know it."

"'Kay! Love you! Now go!" Lexi shoved Alex out the door and closed it behind her. Alex walked to her car and started it up. She then drove to the closest store to get some food for at least for the week. She had gotten some rice, ramen and ice cream and drove right back home. Alex looked for her house keys as she walked to the door. "Come on, come on...I swear I put them in my pocket..." She kept looking but eventually accepted that she had forgotten them in the house. Alex pulled out her phone and called up Lexi.

"Hey Lexi?"

"What happened this time, Alex?" Lexi said with an exasperated tone of voice.

"I may or may not have left my keys inside...can you let me inside?"

"I don't know, can I?" Lexi stifled a giggle as they heard Alex protest. After about a minute of hearing Alex whine, Lexi got up from their spot, walked over to the door and finally opened it for her. "THANK RAO, YOU LET ME INSIDE!!" Alex bolted into the house before Lexi could shut the door on her face. While Alex put the food away, Lexi was still by the door clutching her stomach and almost falling over with laughter. "Why are you laughing so hard? I wasn't that funny." Alex frowned.

"I'm-hahaha-sorry but-pFFT-your face was so funny to look at!" Lexi burst into a fit of giggles before calming down. "Sorry, sorry. I'll stop. What did you get?"

"Well, I got some mint chocolate chip ice cream that you now cannot have." Lexi made a very dramatic gasp while falling onto the couch.

"Oh stop being so dramatic." Alex scoffed and smiled. Lexi then got up and bolted to the shopping bags, snatched up the ice cream, and scrambled to a room with a yelling Alex hot on their trail. They kept 'fighting' until they finally calmed down and got all of the energy out of their system. They put the food away, got a blanket, and fell asleep in front of the T.V. All in all, it was a good day.