Hidden

Word Count: 279

He raced through the field, ripping his jeans on thorns and sticks but he didn't slow down. He suddenly ducked down behind a tree and slumped down, carefully looking out from behind. 

"Come out here bro? Where could you be hiding?" He curled himself into a ball, trying to make himself as small as possible. He stayed like this for what felt like an eternity. He didn't hear any voices, so he slowly uncurled from his cocoon. 

"GOTCHA! I FOUND YOU!" He saw another person jumping around gleefully in front of him. 

"Oh come on Jack! I thought that you could take longer to find me!" Jack stopped jumping around momentarily and laughed. 

"You know, hiding behind a tree isn't a very good hiding spot. You should know this by now, Aaron." Aaron shook his head, chuckling to himself. 

"Just please tell me that I wasn't the first one found." Aaron walked beside Jack as they made their way across the field.

"Sorry bro, if I said that, I would be lying." Jack snickered as Aaron groaned.

"I'll get you next round, mark my words."

"Suuuure you will." Aaron punched Jack's shoulder playfully.

"Are you gonna find the others or are they forever hiding?" Jack stuck his tongue out at Aaron and raced off, determined to find their other friends. Aaron sat down on the grass, watching as Jack burst through bushes and called for the others.

"You are such a dork, Jack."

It was a crazy, sugar filled, rest of the game, but it was fun. As the sun started to go down, Aaron and his friends went to their tents to get a good night's sleep.