Pain and Regrets

Gajeel's POV

"Hey shrimp!" I called, sitting in front of her at the table.

"Don't call me shrimp! What is it?" Said Levy.

"Gihi, wanna go on a job?"

"I don't know.."

"What's wrong with you? Why that long face?"

"Baka! And nothing..I ju-"

"You're worried about Natsu and Lucy aren't you?"

"Yeah..specifically Lucy, didn't you hear what job she got?"

I shook my head.

"Well, her mission was to captu-"

The guild doors flew open and everyone went silent and looked towards them. It was Natsu. I guess everyone felt the same way as I did which was mad so we all turned our backs slightly towards Natsu.

"Tsk" We heard Natsu say.

He's mad still?? Better not be at bunny girl! She did nothing, he started the argument. Not her!

"Beer." I heard Natsu ask Mira as he sat down on a stool. She nodded yet didn't day anything.

Beer? Since when does Natsu drink? And it's too early in the morning, the hell?!

He started drinking but the guild was still silent. He tsk'd again then turned towards us who were staring him down.

"If you all have a damn problem you can just spill it." He said in a serious tone, then continued drinking.

"Natsu! Don't you feel guilty about what you did?!" Levy yelled

"Levy!" I yelled.

"YOU HURT LULU!"

"Yeah! What the hell Natsu?? Did you really have to go at her like that over some solo mission???"

Soon everyone started blurting out their thoughts about Natsu's actions. I kept quiet as I didn't want to get myself involved in this mess. Natsu closed his eyes and continued drinking while doing so.

Happy flew infront of Natsu spreading his wings.

"Guys! Please don't be harsh on him! I'm sure he feels sorry! He still cars about her! Right, Natsu?"

Everyone stopped talking, waiting for Natsu's response.

"R-Right, Natsu? Y-You still care about L-Lushee right?" Haply repeated.

Natsu set down his beer, turned around on his seat, and opened his eyes.

"As if. She'll learn her lesson. She doesn't need me. I don't need her." Were his words.

"B-But, Natsu! She won't learn anything if SHE'S DEAD!" Happy yelled.

"Mhm. Whatever." Natsu replied.

That's it! I don't have any feelings towards bunny girl, but I do consider her a sister like most of the guys here do.

I slammed my hands on the table and walked towards Natsu. I punched him right across the face, he fell off the stool but didn't get up to return the hit. Instead, he looked down.

"How dare you show your ass up here at the guild after what you did to bunny girl. Those words you spoke towards her were uncalled for! Hell! It even hurt me and I'm sure it's the same with everyone else! Get your sorry ass up!"

I grabbed him by his vest and brought him up towards my face. His hair cast a shadow on his eyes, making them invisible to me and the guild.

"Lucy is off on her own and hurt deeply after your words. Don't you feel the slightest guilt???" I yelled at him, shaking him a little.

He remained silent.

"ANSWER ME!"

"Gajeel-san!" Wendy yelled.

I looked back at Wendy, still holding Natsu.

"Gajeel...let him go.." Freed said.

I then felt warm drops on my hands and looked back at Natsu. He's crying?

I let him go and he collapsed to the floor crying silently.

"You think I don't regret it? I DO DAMMIT!"

"Well you sure don't seem like you do." Stated Gray.

"I know what I did was wrong. I'm sorry! I really am!" Natsu said, clutching his head.

"It's not us who you should apologize to." Mira said.

"I-I didn't want her going on solo missions anymore...she always comes back hurt. I left for a year because I wanted to be stronger for her...Future Lucy's death still haunts me. Every mission, every war, reminding me of how weak I was and am. I left for a year to get stronger...not thinking about how she would feel. I promised to myself that I would never hurt her. And what did I do? I did exactly that. And now she's off to who knows where, she could be in danger as we talk and im just siting here crying like a damn baby." Natsu said

Everyone was silent then Natsu spoke again.

"Where did she go? I'm going to go look for her."

"W-Well...she went on the mission after Exendo Lindor.." Mira said.

"Where"

"A few towns before Hargeon."

"How dangerous is the job exactly?"

Silence

Natsu's POV

"How dangerous is the job exactly?" I asked.

I got silence as a response and I panicked, I got up and grabbed Mira by the shoulders.

"How dangerous, Mira??"

"Exendo Lindor...N-Natsu I'm sorry...I was afraid if I didn't give Lucy the job you would hu-"

"Exendo Lindor? What about him?!"

"He's...after someone who can open the gate of heaven. He is sent by his master, London from the Arcall Guild."

My eyes shot wide. Lucy and Yukino were the only celestial wizards capable of opening a gate like that. In this case, Lucy.

"It's fine, I'm heading off." I let go of Mira as I said that.

"On your own? HA! Yeah right, we're coming with you!" Yelled Gray.

"Me too!" Said Levy.

Soon, Gray, Levy, Erza, Gajeel, Wendy, Juvia, and I headed out the doors.

Hang tight, Luce. Forgive me.