I Spot.....Angst! (Chapter 8)

TW: Abuse and mental breakdown

( ------------- will be shown before the mental breakdown)

~~~CLAY'S POV~~~

Pausing before opening the wooden door, Clay frowned. 

Trying to take multiple deep breaths, he tried to steady his nerves. Simply apologize to his parents for disappearing, take the punishment, and go into his room. That's all he had to do.

Watching his right hand tremble he quickly clenched his fists. All he had to do was survive.

Inhaling deeply, he slowly unlocked the door. Lightly stepping inside he froze as he heard somebody.

" I'm...back," Clay said weakly as he heard the person click their tongue.

" And where did you run off to brat?" Not able to look into the tall woman's eyes he offered a shrug.

" You..." hearing the woman sharply inhale he braced himself for the worst.

" You ungrateful brat! I feed you, clothe you, and house you, and this is the thanks we get?! All that I asked for is for you to get good grades and be obedient!" The woman spat. Clay lightly flinched, bracing himself for the impact.

Feeling the burning sensation on his cheek once again he held himself back. They both stayed silent after the sharp sound of her slap.

" And? I'm guessing you've been hanging around that guy again. I've told you a dozen times, boys like him are indecent! that "Wilbur," will probably have his dumb song career crashing down with how unsteady it is." The woman paused to take a breather, " I don't want you to become like that boy! If you keep talking to him you won't even be salvageable!" The woman barked. Clay stayed silent.

Clay knew what she was gonna say, she always did this after she scolded him.

" Look sweetie, I love you. I'm doing this all for you."

Was she though? It almost seemed like she was trying to find resolve in himself.

Do you think me and your father get anything from this?

No, he didn't, so then why did they do this to him?

I just don't want to see you as a vagabond. 

It would be a waste of time and money for you if I became like that.

It makes me sad, I think that I was at fault.

Maybe you are.

As if maybe if I tried harder you wouldn't be like this."

Maybe if I tried harder I wouldn't be like this.

The woman's empty words were always sugar-coated. It was almost like she was a broken record player. Repeating the same phrase over and over.

The woman offered Clay a smile, before wrapping him in a hug. The hug didn't bring him any warmth though.

" So, to try and improve yourself I've decided that you are not allowed to leave the house anymore." Clay softly agreed she was right. That he deserved it, it was only fitting, right?

Walking into his room, he locked his door as he sat in one of its corners. 

He felt oh so drained from this life. So, so tired. 

Whimpering, he tightly hugged his knees to his chest.

--------(Skip if desired)----------

Maybe if he tried harder things wouldn't be like this. Maybe the woman was right.

He was useless, it was only fitting to be like this. Maybe he should listen to her words and change himself.

Maybe it was all his fault. Yeah, it must be. After all,  I was all his stupid decisions that led him here.

Cradling his head in his hands he lightly rocked back and forth, his muttering growing faster and less coherent.

He must be so annoying to George, George said so yesterday. The boy hated soulmates, so, George must hate him.

Standing up suddenly, he made a choked cry. 

His arms felt so weak like a weight was dragging him down.  

Sobs could be heard throughout the room next. Silent but heart-wrenching. 

------------(Breakdown over)-----------

~~~GEORGE'S POV~~~

George paused, looking up. Dropping his phone onto his bed he raised one of his eyebrows.

His heart felt heavy for some reason, he felt like he wanted to cry for some reason.

But he wasn't even do anything to make himself feel like that.

Holding his chest he swore he could hear a familiar sound, almost like a wind chime.

<///////////////////////////>

Words: 726

Edited.

A/N

This chapter's parents based on my wonderful mom and dad but way worse. Most lines said by them are based on the ones that they say though-