Chapter 7

3rd Person P.O.V

The next week at Westerburg was eventful, to say the least. The rumours of Chandler's absence continued to grow, and Duke had continually gotten worse. That particular day, AJ was at her locker, when she heard several voices coming from down the hallway. Unable to ignore her curiosity, she closed her locker before following the voices until she reached the cafeteria. However, when she did get there, a frown appeared on her face, which was quickly replaced by a look of disgust. Kurt and Ram were bullying Veronica, and spreading rumours that they'd had a three-way with her the previous night. Both AJ and JD knew that this was false information, as there was no way Veronica would have done anything like that. What was worse, was that Duke was encouraging the rumour, though AJ was hardly surprised about that. JD joined his sister in time to hear what was going on. There were several shouts of surprise as the Dean twins lunged at the two jocks in order to try and defend Veronica. However, unlike last time, the two got badly beaten, forcing them both to curl up as small as possible on the cafeteria floor to try and lessen the amount of hits they took. Once Kurt and Ram had had enough, they left the Dean twins laying there. Mac cast a worried glance at AJ, but she couldn't do anything except follow Duke out of the cafeteria. Once it was safe to do so, Veronica rushed over to the twins and tried to help them up, only for both AJ and JD to flinch at her touch.

"Are you okay?" Veronica asked softly.

"Yeah, sort of. Are you?" JD questioned, glaring in the direction Kurt and Ram had left, before turning to look at Veronica.

"Oh, yeah. No, I'm fine. I'm awesome. I'm sorry about the waterworks. I just....." Veronica trailed off, failing to hold back the tears that were falling from her eyes. AJ slowly pushed herself into a sitting position, her gaze softening as she placed a hand over Veronica's in an attempt to console the crying brunette, wincing at the pain in her ribs from where Kurt had kicked her.

"They made you cry. But they won't get away with it. Nor will they get away with spreading that horrible rumour about you." AJ said to her friend. However, she had another problem to worry about. The voices in her head, which had been silent for a long time, were starting up again, and this time they were louder than previous times, which caused her to get a headache. AJ excused herself and headed off, quickly finding an empty classroom that she knew never got used. Once there, she sat in the furthest corner and curled up as small as possible. The only people who knew about the voices in AJ's head were JD and Chandler, though AJ had given her brother permission to tell Veronica about it in case of a worst-case scenario.

'They hurt your friends. You can make them pay for it.' The voices taunted AJ, who did her best to ignore them.

'Shut up. I don't have to listen to you.' AJ thought.

'You could, though. You know they deserve to die for what they did.' The voices continued to taunt AJ.

'No! I won't kill them just for starting a rumour.' AJ thought. Through her twin bond with JD, she could tell that he wanted to avenge Veronica, and this did nothing to help AJ keep the voices at bay. Hours passed, and AJ continued to fight the mental battle with the voices in her head. Bits and pieces of JD's plan had come to her through their twin bond. But eventually, AJ couldn't find enough energy to continue the mental battle. For the first time in eight years, AJ lost control of the voices and blacked out completely, so she knew no more.

                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't until several hours later that AJ finally managed to regain enough control and push the voices in her head to the back of her mind once more. However, when she realised where she was, as well as saw the scene in front of her, she was left in complete shock. She was standing in the cemetery, and it was the early hours of the next morning. But what shocked her the most, was the fact she held her gun in her hand, and both Kurt and Ram were lying on the ground a few feet away from each other, and both jocks were wearing only their underwear and also had a bullet wound.

"Oh no. What have I done?" AJ whispered quietly, the shock of it hitting her full-force. AJ's hands began to shake badly as she dropped to her knees, her gun falling to the ground beside her. The shock lasted several minutes before AJ finally realised that she couldn't be found here. But she had to do something, or else she and JD would be accused of this, as the entire school had seen how they had gone after the two jocks in the cafeteria.

"I can't be seen here. I have to get out of here." The dark-haired teen said to herself. Thinking quickly, AJ grabbed her notepad from her pocket, as well as a pen. Due to learning forgery from a young age, AJ was able to forge a suicide note in Kurt's handwriting and placed the folded piece of paper next to him, before finding two spare guns tucked in another pocket. Clearly her blacked-out self had come prepared, which wasn't very reassuring. Brushing it off, AJ did what she had to do. By the time she was done, the whole scene looked like Kurt and Ram had carried out a double suicide. AJ then grabbed her gun and hurriedly tucked it into the waistband at the back of her jeans, before pocketing her notebook. With that, she turned and ran out of the cemetery as fast as she could, vanishing from view like a shadow in the night