41: My feelings

"I'm back~!" Mina's mom shouted as she put her groceries down on the table.

"Okaa-san, welcome back" Mina said as she walked in the kitchen.

"I bought some fruits for you to snack on. Like banana, melon and strawberries" Mina's mom smiled widely at the fruits she bought.

"Strawberries..." Mina thought, reminding her again of that person.

"I also bought another tray of eggs since we ran out of them. And also, ketchup!" Mina's mom excitedly held the big bottle of ketchup in her hands while looking at Mina.

Mina loooooves ketchup.

Mina smiled at her cute mom and took a sit. She glanced at her mom who's singing a melody while putting her groceries to where they should be.

She feels nervous. She doesn't know why. Her hands are fidgety. Her anxiety is rising and she's started to tremble but she shook her head.

"Calm down Mina... You're just going to ask about... Love... So calm down"

Mina gulped before opening her mouth to speak.

"Okaa-san?"

"Hm?" her mom hummed while putting scallions on a container.

"I want to ask you about something" Mina said and her mom put the container inside the fridge before sitting in front of Mina.

"Yes honey? Is something wrong?" her mom asked worriedly.

"Ah no... I just want to ask how you and Otou-san fell inlove" Mina said a bit awkwardly.

Her mom smiled widely. Her children never really ask her about their love story but she'll tell them anyway.

"Well~ I'm a working student at that time and I worked in a book shop/library. Your Otou-san always go there to study. What I didn't know is that, that's not the only reason"

Mina can feel herself cringing inside but she needs to listen.

"One time, I was in charge behind the counter. I stamp books if they were being borrowed or I punch them if they were being bought. Then your Otou-san gave me a book. I asked him if he'll borrow or buy but he didn't answer me instead gestured me to open the book. He highlighted words each page and it was a letter for me" her mom giggled.

"All in all, the message was about how elegant I was. How pretty and so calm I am. My voice sounds sweet in his ears. Then he asked if I can be his girlfriend" she giggled again, remembering the old days.

"But surely, you didn't answer him right away. Right?" Mina asked and her mom nodded.

"How could I say yes if I don't really know him? So he courted me. I don't feel love or like towards your Otou-san but as time goes by, I see his efforts and that's enough to make my heart flutter" her mom smiled and Mina nodded.

"He'd take me to dates. Brings me food and drinks. Treated my friends rightly. Everytime he saw me, he'd compliments me right away. Despite his busy and tiring course, he always made time for me that sometimes I kind of felt bad" her mom chuckled and she smiled.

"Chaeyoung's like that too..." Mina smiled sweetly at the thought.

"So I answered yes. He was really, really happy. He hugged me tightly and swing me left and right. Funny, he asked me for permission for him to kiss me"

The both of them chuckled and smiled afterwards.

"But why'd you ask honey? Someone's been occupying your mind lately?" her mom asked and Mina gasped a little.