76: Blessing

Ding dong!

"Hai~ coming~"
The door opened and a wide smile crept up to Sachiko's face.

"Chaeyoung-chan! What are you doing here?" Sachiko asked excitedly and hugged her.

"Come in, come in" Sachiko said happily and gestured for Chaeyoung to follow her inside.

"I'll get you some tea while you make yourself comfortable okay?" Sachiko smiled.

"Hai" Chaeyoung smiled back and took her coat off.

After awhile, Sachiko came back with two cups filled with tea.

"Arigato gozaimasu" Chaeyoung said as she grabs the cup.

"So what are you doing here Chaeyoung-chan?"

Chaeyoung put down the cup on the table and fixed her posture before facing Sachiko.

"Is Mr. Myoui and Kai nee-san here?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Well yes, do you want me to call them here?"

"That would be appreciated" Chaeyoung bowed.

Sachiko stood up and went to their rooms and knocked on their doors.

"Chaeyoung-chain's here. I think she's going to talk to us"

The doors opened revealing Kai and Akira.

They went back to the living room and Chaeyoung immediately stood up. Greeting and bowing to them.

"What is it Chaeyoung-kun?" Akira asked.

"U-uhm... I'm thinking of proposing to your daughter a-and I want to ask for your blessing" Chaeyoung said, nervously fiddling with her fingers as while avoiding eye contact with them.

The three, obviously, are shocked. It's only been one year since the two became couple and here is Chaeyoung asking for their daughter and sister's hand.

"Please say something..." Chaeyoung pleaded.

"Uhm... Well... I am very delighted to hear that. Gathering all of your courage just to say that... But why propose to her when you two are only been a couple for a year?" Akira asked and Sachiko nodded.

"Yes, we've only been together for a year but I think she's the one. No, I know she is the one" Chaeyoung said truthfully.

"We like you Chaeyoung-kun but why should we trust you to her?" Kai asked this time.

"Truthfully, I got attracted by her visuals, her elegance when performing ballet... But as soon as I get to know her more, I fell deeper in love... A-and I'll be honest, I can't promise to not make Mina cry but I'll try my best to maker happy at all times... S-so I am here asking for your daughter's hand in marriage" Chaeyoung glanced at them and saw them smiling warmly at her.

"We're very happy to hear that Chaeyoung-chan. We give you our blessing" Sachiko said smiling.

"T-thank you" Chaeyoung stuttered from so much happiness.

"Did you already talk to your parents about this?" Akira asked.

"Yes, they're also the one who give me half of my courage to ask you three" Chaeyoung laughed shyly.

(Flashback)

"Eomma~! Tall little brother~!" Chaeyoung shouted as she barged inside the house of her mommy.

"Oh my Chaeyoungie~ what a surprise!" Her mom giggled and hugged her tightly.

"Well~ I need to talk to you two. This is very important so where is that tall little brother of mine?" Chaeyoung asked chuckling.

"Right here~!" Jeonghoon slide in and hugged his small big sister.

"So what do you need unnie?" Jeonghoon asked as he stick his whole arm inside the cereal box, grabbing a few and eating it.

"Jeonghoon!" Chaeyoung's mom scolded him but they just laughed.

"Anyways, why don't we sit first?"

They went to the sofa and sat comfortably.

"Eooma, Jeonghoon. I need to tell you two something" Chaeyoung said in seriousness.

"What is it sweetie?" her mom asked and smiled.

"So... Uhm... I've been planning this since over half a year now. I'm planning to propose to Mina" Chaeyoung said and they went silent.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"That's... Amazing! Owemji! My daughter is getting married! Huhuhu" mom cried and got comforted by her son.

"Eomma~ relax since I'm still not sure"

Chaeyoung's mom stopped crying and looked at her daughter.

"Why?" she asked.

"You see, Mina's family might think it's too early for their daughter to get married. And I've only met her mother twice and her other family members once. They still don't know much about me and what I'm scared about is that they'd say no" Chaeyoung sighed.

"Then why don't you show them that giving Mina to you is worthy" Jeonghoon said and shocked Chaeyoung.

"Oh my god Jeonghoon... You have a brain in that noggin of yours?" Chaeyoung asked while her eyes open widely dramatically.

"I'm trying to help you. Stop it" Jeonghoon furrowed his eyebrows and huffed.

"He's right Chae" Mom sided with her brother.

"But how? My Japanese can be barely understood" Chaeyoung sighed again and hugged a fluffy pillow.

"Ey~ I don't think so. I saw your video in YouTube. In an awarding ceremony, you spoke Japanese as the even was located in Japan. You're gonna do great sweetie" Mom smiled warmly.

"But I'm still nervous and scared" Chaeyoung admitted.

"Of course, it's nerve-wracking. You will never know what the outcome will be but I'm sure for you, it'll be a good one. So chest out, stomach in and chin up. Sweetie, you're going to ask them for their blessing"

Chaeyoung smiled and hugged the both of them.

"y'all are the best. Like THE best of the best. Laidback and shit. Just amazing" Chaeyoung said making them laugh.

"Jisoos, when are you going to propose?" Jeonghoon asked while escaping the hug.

"Since it's 2021 now... Maybe her birthdate?"

"That's sound perfect" Chaeyoung's mom said and gave her two thumbs up

(Eof)

"When do you plan on proposing?" Akira asked.

"On her birthday Mr. Myoui" Chaeyoung smiled just thinking about it.

The nodded as it was a nice choice.

"I'll be going now uhm Mrs. Myoui?" Chaeyoung stood up and bowed to them.

"I told you to just call me Okaa-san and him, Otou-san since soon, we'll be all family" Sachiko giggled.

"Have a safe trip Chaeyoung-kun" Akira said.

"Don't break my sister's heart" Kai warned and Chaeyoung nodded and gulped.

She went out their house and walked a few blocks and when she can't be seen around the Myoui's residence, she started dancing and passerbys looked at her weirdly.

"Great great great great great!" Chaeyoung said to herself while dancing with happy feet.

"Can't wait!" Chaeyoung stopped dancing and sighed in happiness.

"Now... Her members" Chaeyoung giggled and walked away.

Few more chapters and we're about to end.