*+ Chapter 5: Genuine Happiness +*

Athy's POV:

We walked down the steps, arm in arm. The sensation of feeling him so close to me was spectacular. He was wearing his Royal Wizard Official Uniform. With his little boots and his cape hanging on only one shoulder.

I felt like my arm and face was on fire.

It was only then I looked over to him and saw his ears red as tomatoes, I gave a tiny laugh which rose suspicion in him as he looked over at my face, confused.

We reached the middle of the dance floor, separating as we stood across from each other.

"This is where I'm supposed to be..." I thought.

Not with Ijekiel, but with Lucas. I was supposed to be in his arms dancing with him to the light and airy music from the ball. With him dancing happily and comfortably.

The music started as we started walking toward each other. We took each-other hand in hand, and started to dance slowly to the music. His hand felt warm and comforting, almost as if he thought I was the only girl in the world.

"Not bad." He said, looking down at my petite figure.

My face was flushed, before looking back up at him and smiling.

"I made sure to practice hard so it would be enjoyable for the both of us."

"I would've enjoyed it either way..." He mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?" I looked up at him puzzled.

"It was nothing." He said, before picking me up and twirling me around. It was like I was equal to a feather in weight. I felt like I was flying and his hands on my waist were electrifying. I couldn't help but smile.

0———-——————————————0
Lucas's POV:

We danced for a while. I didn't want it to end, really. Her smile was bright, her hands were so tiny they fit perfectly in mine. Almost as if it was fate. It was a weird feeling. It was one I'd never felt before but I enjoyed so thoroughly. The emotion that went into this dance was so incredibly purifying.

I was happy.

It made me so happy and it made me feel so free just being with Athy. I never wanted to leave.

What was I feeling? Was it love? Was it admiration? I was so confused but I decided it would be best to just enjoy the moment. The soft rocking back and forth in the middle of the crowd. The warmth that came from her tiny hand. Everything was perfect.

Til I felt the hatred, the rage. The burning holes into the back of my head. I didn't have to turn around to know who it was.

Whitey's boy. I knew he was gonna show his true colors, sooner or later. Athy is sweet, and innocent and genuine. Her heart is on her sleeve. That leads me to believe she hasn't noticed this side of him yet.

The bastard..

I won't let him ruin her day. Everything has to run smoothly, it has to be one that she'll never forget. Never WANT to forget.

The fact he has the guts to come in here with such an attitude on her day, and maybe even cause a scene shows how genuine his feelings really are. It makes my blood boil, the way he's taking advantage of her innocent feelings. It makes me want to...

Nevertheless, he must be dealt with. But my eyes must have turned a dark tint of red subconsciously, because Athy looked at me worried.

"What's wrong?"