Pilot

"Klaus! Kol! Finn! Lijah?!" A young blonde girl called whilst running after her her big brothers. 

      "Rea! Stop hoisting up your dress." The girl's mother scolded her, as she had been pulling up her dress so as not to trip whilst she ran. Esther's face softened as she saw the how down her eldest living daughter seemed. "Do not fret, child. You're brothers get away with themselves sometimes."

      "But it's my birthday..." Rea mumbled as she kicked the ground. Truth be told, Rea didn't know whether it was her birthday or not. She had picked a few random days roughly a year apart to call her birthday since she was four, and that was why her brothers hadn't payed much attention. As far as they knew, it just wasn't her birthday.

      "I didn't leave, Andy." An even softer voice said as she tugged on the arm of her big sister. The fact that her baby sister had stayed behind didn't mean much, Rebekah couldn't keep up with the boys if she tried. It didn't matter though, Rea smiled and crouched down. Though Rebekah was only a year younger, Rea was already much taller. 

      "Of course you didn't, Beks. That's because you're the best sister ever." The two girl missed the glint of regret in the witch's eyes as she thought back to her real eldest daughter. Standing up again, Rea adjusted her dress and turned back to her Mother, who was busy smiling at the two. "If I am not playing with my brothers, father will expect me to do my duties."

      Even with Mikael off on a hunting trip, they were not on free reign. In a few days time, he would show up with no warning. All the other family's fathers would come back to embrace their children and kiss their wives, but Mikael would inspect the hut and boast of his game.

      Esther didn't miss the flash of sadness in her daughter's eyes. So, she decided, she would give the two girls a 'brithday' to remember.

      "Of course. Rebekah, go find me some blackberries. Andorrea, go find me some flour. We are going make you two a special treat for your birthday." Esther smiled.

      "Really? Come, Rebekah, let's go!" The eldest beamed as she tightened her grip on her little sister, and the two ran off giggling.