1 - Early Memories

Rea's clothes were soaked. 

      Her Hair was dripping with rain.

      Her shoes squelched with each step she took.

      But, she was happy. The weather somehow did that to her. Whether it was sunny, rainy, cloudy, Andorrea could sit there for hours and be entertained. But her favourite thing to do was watch a thunderstorm. She had spent around a half hour perched in a tree, watching the rain fall around her, the lightning streaking through the sky, and the thunder rattle her to her very core. 

      But it was as she sat there and wondered why the storm did not scare her, as it would any sane person, she remembered something who really did fear storms. Rebekah. This was why the little girl was now running towards her hut, hoping to sneak in undetected and provide her sister with some comfort. As, she was now probably whimpering where she lay.

      She clutched a doll to her chest as it heaved up and down, each breath burning. Yes, she definitely had a cold. The doll was a ratty old thing; it was made of scraps of fur and material. All in all, it was an old doll that resembled a blonde girl with short hair. Her mother had embroidered the doll with an F into the it's chest and an M into it's it's back.

      The young girl panted as she reached the door of her hut, and straightened her dress out before slipping into the hut. She reached Rebekah without getting caught, but the girl staring at her with wide eyes was accompanied by an angry big brother. 

      "Where were you? And why are your clothes so wet?" Nik questioned her.

      "Well, um, you see, I..." She trailed off when Nik gave her an accusatory stare, and she could almost hear him warn her not to lie. "I was watching the storm."

      "And did you not think it best to stay and watch over Rebekah?" He gestured to the girl clutching a wooden figurine as she cuddled into her blanket, though clearly listening to every word.

      "I'm sorry Nik." The girl mumbled, but threw a worried glance at Rebekah as the storm grew louder. "Can I sleep here with you two?" 

      Rebekah and Nik looked at each other as though having a silent conversation, before his stern gaze was replaced with a soft one, and he nodded. Rebekah giggled as Rea wriggled herself into her younger sister's blanket, and soon the three fell asleep, clutching each other tighly.