ten.

Still wednesday

Siena's pov

I stared at the menu of all the food the little diner provided. Our school had a small restaurant on campus for people who are tired of cafeteria food. It was really cool because people who wanted a part time job could work here.

"What are you getting?" Nick nudged me as he stared at the menu with me.

"I usually get the chicken strips and fries." I shrug as he was just picking on me about my order.

"You are one of those girls." He playfully teased.

"Oh shut up. Dont ever underestimate the quality of basic foods." I laughed as i went up to the counter to order.

"Can i get the same as her please?" The blond boy smiled at the worker as he put in our order and handed him his card.

"You didnt have to pay for me." I turned red as i just threw in a few dollar bills into the tip jar.

"Hey Nick! You're paying?" Quinton's face brightened up.

"Not for you guys." Nick shook his head as he grabbed the receipt.

"Lets go find a table. Away from the goons." He set his arm around me as we walked off, leaving the boys behind to order their food.

We ended up finding a smaller table with two chairs.

Perfect opportunity for us to just talk. We knew each other since attending school in the first year. But obviously people aren't the same as their 7th grade selves.

Plus i don't think i ever really got to know Nick Austin. I'm way too quiet and to myself to just talk to people for fun.

"Sooo..." Nick rested his face in his hands and just gave me a cheesy smile.

"Sooo?" I started blushing like crazy. Feeling his eyes on me just made me nervous.

"How's school going for you so far?"

"Um... its going well i think. I'm taking most AP classes. So i definitely have a lot on my hands." I let out a stressful sigh. The book i was reading earlier in my room was specifically for my english class.

"Why would you do that to yourself?" Nick's eyes grew enormous, (No way i had myself thinking ENORMAGE was a word.) his eyes still never left mine.

"To give myself a challenge." I shrug and watch as Nick started to laugh at me so amazed.

"Maybe I was wrong, you are definitely not like most girls." He teased. "You're different." He laughed.

"I dont think i've ever met a person wanting to take AP classes just for a challenge. Usually they do it for a reason."

"When will you ever get the time to have time to hang with your friends?" 

I responded with a shrug.

"You're crazy." He gave me an impressed smile as the worker came to us with our food.

"Oh, Can i get ranch?" Nick and I asked the worker in unison without even knowing.

We just stared at each other and laughed.

—sweeteasaint

Who's your favorite music artist + favorite song from them? I really want to explore more artists and their songs bc im tired of the same songs on repeat.