Chapter 5

Dean was sat in the chair beside the table when she came out of the bathroom, the book setting in front of him, telling her that he had read it. She sat down on the chair opposite from him and looked down.

"I will accept that I am your mate," Dean told her, his voice strong without any doubt or hesitation.

"You don't understand what that means," she muttered to him.

"Then why don't you explain what it means?" Dean asked her, leaning across the table and taking her hands Into his.

"It means that I will crave your blood any time I am near you. It means that I will not be able to be away from you for more than a day or two at a time or this will happen. It also means that my instincts could take over one day when you are severely hurt and I turn you," she looked him in his eyes as she told him this.

"Then so be it. I will stick with you if it means that you will not die because you are afraid of yourself," Dean tells her. Jane remained quiet for a a while as she just watched Dean. The rumors of him made her not believe that what was happening was real but here he was In front of her. He had stood up and pulled her along with him, taking her over to the bed where he sat down, pulling her down beside him. "You're still cold. Will it help if I hold you?" He had already put his arm around her shoulder, and she relaxed, the shivering stopping as well. She nodded as she leaned into his touch and closed her eyes.

Dean smiled slightly as he kicked his shoes of and laid down on the bed, pulling her to his side where she cuddled against his chest. "I will figure out a wait to make this work," He tells her quietly as he pulled the blanket over them and wrapping his arms around her. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep while laying against him.

***************************

When Jane woke up, she felt a hunger that she hadn't felt since she was first turned. She gripped the shirt of the warm body she was laying against, trying to keep herself under control. The beat of his heart filled her eyes as his scent engulfed her.

"Dean, I don't want to hurt you," she whispers as she kept trying to keep herself under control. "I don't know how much longer I can keep holding on."

He shifted under her, still partially asleep. "I'm fine," he mumbled. He turned over, pinning her under his body.

She attempted to push him off, but she felt very weak and could get him to budge. She could feel the row of fangs threatening to extend as she craved him. "Dean!" she yelled. He jumped up from his sleep, looking down at her as she tried to push him away.

He sat up but didn't let her leave as she was trying to. He kept his arms wrapped around her, hoping to calm her down. "Why couldn't you push me away?" he asked her concerned. He knew that she should have been able to easily push him off.

"I don't know," she muttered as she stopped trying to get away from him. "I need to eat." She looked up at him, hoping that he would let her go, but he didn't. "Dean, I don't know how much longer I can control myself if you don't let me go."

"Then take it from me," he told her.

She completely froze. She hadn't had human blood since she was turned. The thought of taking any again scare her, that maybe once she starts, she won't be able to stop. "No, I don't take from people," she tells him as she shakes her head.

"Just this once, that way the vampires we left alive done try to attack you," He justifies, his hold around her waist still like a steal cage.

"I have never fed from a human since they forced me to turn. I don't want start now." She continued to refuse his offer, but his stubbornness didn't waver. He held her with one arm as he took his shirt off so no blood would stain it. Without his shirt to hold back his scent, she slipped. Her hand flew up to his shoulder, gripping it but before she made any other move, she stopped herself. "Dean?" She said breathlessly, the name coming out as a question rather than a warning.