Chapter 2

Jane woke up fifteen minutes before the sun rose. It always made it easier for her to adjust to the sun when she was outside when it was rising. She got out of bed and showered before getting dressed for the day. She pulled her hoodie on and sat her sunglasses on the top of her head in case she would need the later before grabbing her journal and what she would need for the hunt before walking down the road to their cabin. The sun had just started to peak over the horizon, lighting up the skies, as she stepped onto the porch. She could hear light snores from inside and no other movement.

She lightly knocked on the door, not wanting to startle them but her attempt failed. Still, no movement could be heard as she stood there waiting. She sighed before knocking much hard, this time hearing movement from inside. The door was soon opened, and she was met with a shirtless, confused Dean. "You're hear early," he grumbles.

She blushed slightly and hoped that he hadn't seen her checking him out. "Umm... well it's what we agreed upon last night," She muttered as she finally looked away. He must not have noticed her look as he opened the door further for her.

"Come on in, I'll wake them," he tells her as he turned and walked back into the cabin. She followed and quietly shut the door behind her. "Dad, Sam, get up. The alarm must be junk." Dean said as he nudged each of them. The two slowly started to stir as Dean got his clothes and went in the bathroom to get ready.

"You're not one to slack, are you Jane?" John joked as he finally got up out of bed.

She smiled slightly as she shook her head. "I just never break a deal."

The three men started getting read and when Dean had finished, he came over and sat down beside her on the couch. "How old are you now?" He questioned her.

"Dean," John warned as it was never polite to ask a lady her age.

"Now is that something you really need to concern yourself with?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes at him and smirked.

"Well... I... Uh..." He once again became flustered around her, stuttering, unable to form words.

He didn't push the subject anymore, just at beside her with a red face. When both Sam and John were ready, they gathered their things and all four went out to the vehicles. Sam had gone back with John, leaving her to have to ride with the flustered Dean, which she found quite amusing. The start of the drive was silent, not even the radio made a sound.

"Do you not feel comfortable enough to talk around me?" She finally questioned him; a small smirk played on her face as she watched his reaction.

"No... I mean... I do but... You just make me so nervous. Something about you is so different from other women and it almost scares me," he explains to her, getting out his longest line so far today.

She looked over at him and raised and eyebrow. "How am I different from other woman?"

"You're just... I don't know!" He exclaimed. "It's like you have this high authority over me, this power that I can't fathom."

Her eyes narrowed as she looked at him closely, wondering if he knew her secret. "What power could I hold over you? That I'm fourteen years older than you?"

He shook his head as he kept his eyes on the road. "Maybe, I really can't figure it out." She noticed his grip on the steering wheel tightens and she sighed. "What happened for you to become a hunter?" There it was. The question that she didn't know how to answer. Maybe if she just remained silent he would press it anymore. "Jane, tell me what happened and I won't say anything else about it."

She sighed as she looked down at her hands that rested In her lap. "I was attacked by vampires. I was on a camping trip in Colorado with some friends when it happened. I was the only one out of seven people that live. Barely thought. Danial saved me from starving to death. In return, I helped him and learned about everything and went on hunts with him." She looked out the window as she fell silent again.

"I'm sorry," Dean mumbled, "I didn't realize.."

"Of course you didn't realize," she suddenly snapped as she quickly faced him. "You didn't take the moment to think that maybe the experience that Introduced me to the supernatural could be as traumatic as yours."

Dean was surprised by her sudden outburst, but realized how out of place he was for pushing the subject. They rode the rest of the drive in silence.

When they pulled into the dirt lot near the barn, Jane immediately got out of the car and went over to the truck. She wanted to get this job over with so she could leave and move on. She bumped shoulders with Sam as she pasted him who went back to Dean to talk to him.

"What did you do to her?" She heard Sam ask Dean quietly, not thinking that she would be able to hear him.

"I asked her what happened," Dean told him. His voice almost sounded as if her were in pain, like he regretted what he had done. "I should have just left it, she probably hates me now."

Jane turned to John as she attached the sheath of her machete to her belt. "Let's get in here and get these people out as quietly as possible. It'll be easier to kill them once they are out of the way." She spoke softly, her eyes sticking to the ground.

"I agree, you stay with Sam and Dean. I'm going to try and find the Colt," John tells her as he pulled what he needed from the tailgate of his truck.

"Just be careful, they may be heavy sleepers, but they'll have you the moment they wake you," she mutters as she shoves a capped syringe of dead man's blood in her back pocket. "Let's go." She started silently walking through the woods, towards the barn.

They had seen the last of them go in about five minutes ago so they would all be asleep by now. They climbed up a stack of hay bales to an open window that lead to the upper loft of the barn. As they had expected, all the vampires where sleeping in hammocks around the barn and the missing girl was tied up against a post. Dean pointed to her and nodded his head in her direction to indicate they needed to get her first. Sam and Jane followed him off the loft and over to the girl while John went to look for the leader of the group who had the colt. Dean had started to try to wake her up as Sam was untying her.

"Wait," Jane said quietly as she tried to get them to stop. "They turned her." By the time she got Dean to stop, the girl was already asleep and let out a roar. She launched herself as Dean, knocking him to the ground while trying to kill him. Jane threw herself at the girl, pulling her off Dean and plunging the syringe into her neck. In seconds, the girl went limp and stopped fighting. The others that were sleeping had woke up and started to target them. "Get out of here!" Jane yelled as she scrambled to her feet and started pushing the boys towards the exit. Sam had already climbed up the ladder and she was getting ready to when Dean was pulled away by one of the vampires. "Sam, go!" She yelled as she went to help Dean. He was trying to fight off the girl that had ahold of him and something in Jane snapped when she saw the woman trying to bite him. She was by their side in a second, pulling Dean away from her and swinging the machete threw her neck. The woman's head went rolling as she started pushing Dean to the ladder, making him go up the ladder before her. As she started climbing the ladder, Dean reached down and grabbed her hand, pulling her up to the loft before they both ran out the window. Sam was waiting for them outside and when he only saw the two of them, he started yelling.

"Dad!" He yelled and Dean realized that they had left him in there. "Dad!"

Dean turned to go back into the barn, but Jane grabbed his arm, stopping him. "He's on his way out. He'll be alright," She told him.

She could hear John fighting but know that it would be no help for them to go into the barn. Just moments after she said the, the doors flew open and he came running out. Sam and Dean had gotten ready to start fighting again but John shook his head.

"They're not going to try to fight during the day, they'll attack at night." He told them.

"Let's go back and get a new plan ready," Jane said as she started heading to the vehicles.