Chapter 13

"Owwww." I turned, clutching my bad arm. Of course I'd land on it, just my luck. I looked down hoping that the stitches were still intact.

Good. I only had a couple of scratches and dried blood from before. Hearing footsteps approaching behind me, I groaned and sat up.

"Stop following me." I said as Julian and the group appeared before me.

Alcott and Terrowin tittered in laughter and I glared at them. Scar stood behind them, arms folded across his chest but even he couldn't hide the amusement from his eyes. Only Leon seemed the least bit concerned.

"You're injured and I'm responsible for it. You haven't had food, you're exhausted, and I can promise you have no idea where you are going. I'm afraid the only way you'd stop me from leaving you is if you killed me." Julian stroked his chin softly as he questioned this.

I looked to the rest. "Well, we're not leaving him," Leon shrugged apologetically. He then leaned down with his arm outstretched to me. I grabbed his hand and pulled myself up.

"Come now, I'll show you where we can rest." He slid his eyes to me, raising his hand before I could protest. "Before I show you the way home."

I raised my eyebrows. "You know where I live?"

"America, right? On Earth?"

"Of course," I said wondering why I had even asked. Of course he knows, he probably knows everything. I mean, he's a wizard for crying out loud.

"But before anything else, you have to answer my questions." I crossed my arms.

"I will not tell you anything until you've eaten and rested. I mean look at you, you can't even stand properly," Julian quipped standing his ground.

He was right. I was swaying on my feet.

"Alright," I grumbled. "Where are we going?"

"First, we must disguise you." He stood, one hand under his chin surveying me.

"Disguise me as what?"

"To begin with, you are wearing trousers, and whatever it is you are wearing on top. Women in Arkaysa don't wear a man's style of clothing, if what you are wearing is anything close to it. Is that how you were raised?" He looked fascinated as he stared at my clothes. The others surveyed as well.

"What? Man's style of clothing? For your information, anyone can wear pants you know. This place seems way behind in the times. From where I come from, women wear pants all the time. In fact even more than dresses."

"What are pants?" He seemed genuinely confused.

"Pants? Well, uh, they're the same thing as trousers, I guess. But that's not the point. I'm not going to wear a dress if that's what you are saying."

"Never you mind. We haven't the time for this." He reached into one of the gaping sleeves of his robes and came out with a pile of dark green cloth.

"Put this on," he passed it to me. I was still dumbfounded by the time I had shaken it out. I was holding out a long dark green hooded emerald cloak, soft to the touch. I wrapped it around my shoulders, tying it around the front.

"Thanks...I guess." I had so many questions that needed to be answered soon.

"Next, we must take care of this problem of Malakye." Julian turned, gesturing towards the prince.

"It's Prince Malakye to you," he sneered at Julian.

The wizard chuckled in return. "You are no more of a prince than I am. Undress."