Fifteen

Aster skipped ahead while I followed. I didn't want to be seen, I wanted to be avoided. This feeling felt familiar. Something I've felt before and got used to but it was pulled out of me. "Quit thinking!" Aster called and I chuckled. I now was a feet away from her. She was skipping and telling me all about her neighborhood.

"Won't your mom get worried of you not being home?" I questioned her and Aster shook her head. "As long as Mabel is there, she doesn't get worried. It's like I'm invisible to her." Aster said but she didn't sound sad about it at all. "Well that's gotta suck."

Aster and I reach a small park that wasn't too far away from our old home. Well my old home. Aster ran towards the swings and got on one, right next to another girl. The girl quickly got off when she saw Aster push herself and ran away. That's pretty rude but she's just a kid. I ignore that and help Aster. I push her lightly on the back, helping her momentum.

Aster got bored really quickly so she got off and ran towards the slide. She slid down as I watched the kids play. It was a plain and boring scene. I was used to fire and ash everywhere.

"Can we go get some ice cream?!" Aster questions excitedly and I nod. I was feeling a bit hungry and ice cream sounded great. Me and Aster walked over to the nearest ice cream shop. "What would you like Aster?" I questioned Aster, not looking away from the menu. "Mint chocolate!" Aster squealed. I smiled at her but inside, I was a bit sad. She used to love Butterscotch but her opinion changed. I guess I didn't mind since mine had changed also.

"Uhm Hi. Can I have one Mint chocolate and one chocolate chip Ice cream?" I asked the cashier lady. She seemed familiar but I shrugged it off. "Cone or Cup?"

"Cone."

"Any one of these?" She asked, pointing over at the cones with special things on them. I looked over at Aster and she pointed at the one with chocolate syrup and sprinkles. I sighed and told the lady which one she wanted. "Only one please. For the mint chocolate one." I told her and the woman nodded her head with a smile. "Anything else? Sprinkles, Syrup?" I shook my head. "Alright then, Since your our first customer, You get your order for free!" The woman said and walked over to the kitchen before I could say anything.

"But I saw people..." I sigh, only if she told me earlier, I could've gotten chocolate syrup on my ice cream.