...The Beginning...

*(Y/N) Pov*

    I was only 12 years old when I found my clan traumaticlly murdered in our village. The Kurta Clan to be specific.

I examined almost everyone in my clan and noticed their eyes were missing. What if I'm the last member of this clan, the only person with Scarlett Eyes.

  After gathering most of my stuff, I left the village wishing the memories of my clans dead corpse would leave my head.
  I cautiously traveled, in fear that the people that slaughtered my clan was still near by.

To be honast, I didn't know how to feel. My emotions were everywhere at once. I didn't know if I should cry, or go on a rampage from anger. Yet I only had one idea that was crystal clear. Revenge.

Although while I kept recalling my grandfather's words to me about revenge. Telling me that it isn't worth it, and revenge is a sin. Inside I really wanted to refuse my anger but my inner demon told me yes and to proceed with my plan of revenge.

    I struggled with keeping my mind at peace.

Later when nighttime filled the sky, I found a small cave to sleep in. I set up a fire and lit it with the matches I took from my dad. Then afterwards set up my sleeping bag close to the fire.

Once I finished, I sat close to the fire and just thought about the future and what I was gonna do. Till finally I came to the conclusion that I wasn't gonna take revenge, but I will get stronger.

I hugged my knees and rested my head on them. While the thought of my close friends, I realized that I was never gonna see them again.

When I laid down on my sleeping bag, I felt this numb feeling inside and I wished I knew the reason why my clan was killed.

*Time Skip: 5 years later (17 years old)
*(Y/N) Pov.*

I was lucky enough to find a small village that took me in. It's been 5 years and throughout the years my strength and stamia grew impressively.

The next step was gonna be taking the hunters exam and I was so confident that I thought it was gonna be a piece of cake for me.

I should add that I did  learn a little bit of nen but didn't think it was important cause I was young and stupid.

409 words~