...why now...

(Y/N) pov)

I woke up in the middle of the night and stayed in Kurapika's arms for a bit, later getting up to stretch. I looked at him and chuckled remembering his embarrassed face when he said he loved me.
I sat on a chair thinking about random stuff and got the idea to work on my nen. If I wanna get stronger I gotta practice my nen, even thought I'm already talented with it. I practiced my nen throughout the entire night until Kurapika woke up at about 7 am.
He looked at me in confusion then knew exactly what I was doing. He got up stretching and practiced his nen as well. Not gonna lie is power was overwhelming. He told me about how he wanted his ability to be chains, but I couldn't figure out what I wanted for my power to be.

After rambling about nen, Kurapika went to work leaving me here to practice nen.
Later Kurapika sent me a message saying to be carful because someone dangerous was in the town we were in. The description of the person was:

Male
Red hoodie, jeans and regular shoes.
Accessories were: Duck tape on wrists, and nose ring
Eye color: unknown (hidden under hoodie)
Hair color: black
Nen ability: unknown
He's a serial killer that lures people in by causing trouble and chaos. Near nighttime
Name: unknown

I analyzed the description crucially, looking at every detail just in case I come across him.
I stayed at the motel practicing my nen thinking about this serial killer. When Kurapika came home in the evening and we discussed the serial killer.
He told me I can't go near the serial killer, which I knew if I came across him I wasn't going to obey. But I didn't tell him that.

I wanted to go outside and practice my nen because I didn't want to accidentally destroy the motel but Kurapika said no and he picked me up and cuddled me.

He's to overprotective, it's fine though he just cares. I looked into his eyes and we leaned into a kiss. Our lips were about to touch untill we were interupted and heard a huge explosion coming from outside. We looked towards the noise in annoyance. Kurapika went to go investigate and told me to wait there. I went out the window so I can get to the explosion first and possibly defeat the serial killer and prove Kurapika that I can take care of myself.
The explosion led to a train yard, I snuck around and saw the man in a red hoodie. It looked like he was waiting patiently for his next victim.
I decided on how I was gonna attack, but before I can do anything his eyes locked on mine. It was a deadly cold stare in his green eyes. It made me shiver.

???: "Come out girly, I know your there"

he said with a deep voice
I don't see a weapons, is he that confident?
I came out speeding towards him and attacked by hitting his neck. He jerked back and coughing blood up.

???: "Damn didn't expect that"

he chocked out.

Y/N: "Ya ya, so are you gonna attack or stand there"

I felt his bloodlust as he gave me a deadly smirk.

???: "Hmm I like you, you have confidence. To bad I have to kill you though."

He grabbed my neck and I struggled to get loose. I kicked him in the gut, moving to uppercut him, he threw me to the floor instead. I got up and ran to him hoping to land a punch but instead he grabbed a knife and stabbed my arm. I backed up from him looking at what damage he did and quickly thinking how to use my nen for attack. We both heard a train passing by and he glared at me. Speeding to me, he stabbed my arm again, I gasped in pain then he roughly kicked me to the train tracks...then that's when my life flashed before my eyes as I watched the train come towards me...

(Oops cliffhanger...)