Training

Lynn's POV
      I woke up to my alarm and sighed tiredly, I grabbed my uniform and m16 before walking into the bathroom and changing into my signature tiger stripes before I picked up my m16 and walked over to my foot locker grabbing my typical load out of magazines which is 10 magazines. I double checked that the magazines were empty before sliding them into my plate carrier's mag sleeves before I walked down to the formation center, when I arrived I saw Erik waiting for the rest of our team. I waved and joked trying to mask my increasing mental darkness as I dreamed about getting my hands on the masks "the army marched first" he nodded before we looked over as we heard the door open, Mike and Yumiko walked out saying their greetings while I just waved. We waited and watched the clock as Elias walked out with a minute to spare "I apologize, monika wouldn't get out of the bathroom" Mike replied simply "You're good, you're still a minute early" we all formed up into a line looking at Mike as he spoke "you're likely wondering what we're doing today for training" most of us nodded while I just stared forwards
He spoke "we're doing a sim against Marius' team, I want everyone to bring their A game. Marius has a team of fraggers, they're gonna push hard and keep the pressure on" I had a flashback to the masks hunting me down in Cambodia, my fist clenched as the hatred resurfaced before I took in deep breaths trying to calm down and remember the people we were going up against are my teammates. I heard Mike "Grab your ammo and get loaded, Marius and his team will be here soon" I walked forward and started hand loading all 10 of my extra magazines plus the one in my rifle. It wasn't long before Marius' team arrived and I slid off the table, Erik walked over giving me a fist bump and spoke "let's go kick some ass, I bet I'll get more kills than you" I looked at him and shrugged "as long as we win"' he asked "you good? You look upset" I nodded and answered "yeah I'm just missing my team I guess, it feels weird to be back doing stuff with another team just over 2 days after I lost them"
      He patted my shoulder "don't try to replace them, it won't work. Just try to do your job and everything will go smoothly" I nodded as Yumiko walked infront of me and bowed, I mirrored her movement as she spoke "greetings, I am Yumiko call me Hibana" I replied faking a smile "Hello, I'm Lynn. Call me King" she spoke "I look forward to working with you" I answered simply "you as well" I looked over as I heard clinking and saw Elias lifting his shield, he waved jovially at me causing me to return the wave as I looked at Erik and asked "does he always act like that?" Erik nodded with a laugh "he's a good operator, he acts like that to try to keep everyone happy. He's a good guy" I nodded before looking forward at Marius' team, Ela, Pulse, Vigil and oryx. I mused internally an aggressive team that plays off traps and ambushes, my mind played the memory of the first shot from the Cambodian mission as my internal dialogue said ambush, I sighed softly and looked up at the overcast sky thinking 'I hope I can live up to what you guys thought of me'
I heard Jäger "Thatcher, we're gonna go set up. Give us 2 minutes" Mike nodded as I sat on the table again and played with the KIA bracelets I got from Harry for my team. Mike leaned on the table and looked over "hey Mike" he answered "how're you doing?" I answered "not too badly, I'm just trying to get my head straight" he asked "what's wrong with it?" I answered "I keep getting flashes to the mission and then I'm pissed and I want to kill something" he answered "you should talk to Harry, he's the therapist here. Still, just remember you're a part of this team now. We take care of each other here" I nodded as Jäger sent a message to Thatcher's phone. Thatcher stood and called "Let's form up, they're almost done" he handed out positions "Blitz, I want you at point. Maverick, you're behind him. King, you and Hibana are heading to the south wall and setting a breach. I'm going with you two" we nodded as he spoke "double check your weapons, get your shite set" I double checked everything before I heard Maverick "Don't freeze in the door, show us what SF does"
       I nodded as Thatcher ordered "Start droning, I wanna find them first" we all tossed out our drones and started searching, I just drove around aimlessly since I wasn't familiar with the building. Eventually the 'bio-hazard' was found, I listened as Blitz called "1st deck, east side. No one in room" Hibana spoke to me "time for us to go to the south side of the map" I nodded as Thatcher walked infront of me and we followed him. I gave a 2 finger salute to Blitz and Maverick before I slid my m203 forward and loaded a concussion "shock is loaded" thatcher looked back for a second as we got to the two windows we'd breach through. I pressed a breach charge against the barricade, as Thatcher did the same, we took a couple steps back before clacking off the charges as I rushed forward jumping through the window and lifted my M16 and aimed down the sight before I spotted Ela spinning at the sound, obviously caught off guard I squeezed the trigger paining her jacket with white dust. Thatcher came in behind me "King what happened?" He noticed Ela standing with her face speckled with the paint, "fuckin' 'ell, good job mate"
I replied simply "I've got point" thatcher asked "what if I wanted to be point?" I replied "I'm expendable, you guys have worked together longer than me. If i get marked then you guys can still get the job done" he nodded as Hibana spoke "I've got you covered" we heard gunfire on the north side of the building while slowly making our way up the staircase. Suddenly I got thrown to the ground as the wall next to me erupted in drywall and dust, my vision cleared enough for me to see Oryx lifting his MP5 before his right side got lit up from Thatcher and Hibana. I coughed as I breathed in the dust before Hibana pulled me to my feet, I nodded my thanks before Jäger peaked around the corner and let some rounds fly, I ducked into cover pulling Hibana with me before I yelled to thatcher "sending the shock!" He nodded as I lifted my m16 and fired my 203 through the doorway Jäger had shot from, my concussions grenade bounced a couple of times before the thunderous boom shook the facility. I shifted my hands and pushed through the doorway just for one of Ela's mines to detonate, my vision doubled and I stumbled around slowly before Hibana and Thatcher passed me pushing the advantage.
My vision, hearing and motor skills returned not far after until I saw Mike walking past me with white dust covering his chest. I jogged catching up to Hibana as Jäger came around the corner and tagged her knee caps, she dropped into down as Jäger came around the corner forgetting about me I fired dropping him with 4 rounds to the head. I walked over to Hibana and started to get her back into the game when Vigil appeared around the corner and sprayed us down, I helped her up after we got marked dead and started walking out to the waiting area. I sat down and watched the body cam of Maverick until Meghan sat next to me, I looked over with an eyebrow raised "I thought you were still sleeping?" She replied "I didn't want to miss your first training session with your new team, you didn't do bad" I replied sourly, annoyed with my lack of performance "I should've done better, I could've" she spoke "you did good, you supported your team well and you saved Hibana once, almost twice"
      I leaned in her and sighed as she chuckled while Mike walked up "Ye did good lad, I wasn't sure how's your perform but ye lived up to me expectations." I looked over and answered "thanks Mike, I'm glad" he chuckled as Vigil walked out, I gave him a nod as Meghan spoke "ooh damn, Erik just got fucked up" I asked "what happened? I wasn't paying attention to it" she replied simply "Jack got him with a Nitro cell through the floor" I shivered, those nitro cells are nasty explosives. I watched Blitz walk in the room and huddle next to the door as the timer to a secure started, we watched as pulse made his move, he used his cardiac sensor which Blitz hear causing him to come around the corner firing his pistol towards pulse forcing pulse to duck into cover before blitz reloaded waiting for pulse. Pulse pushed into the room hard since Blitz almost secure just for Blitz to use his lights and blind pulse as he rushed forward with a menacing clinking sound until he hit pulse sending him to the ground before he lifted his pistol and fired winning the game.
       I looked at Erik and spoke teasingly "I did better than you" he sighed as Marius joined in teasing him "Does this mean the green berets are better than the Unit?" I nodded as Erik sighed "keep it close to your heart my friend, it won't happen again" I laughed before replying "oh I'm sure" Meghan laughed as Elias and Jack walked out. I gave Elias' a thumbs up as Mike spoke "you're done for the day unless we get a mission, good job." I stood and looked at Meghan "so how about that date?" She stood and smiled before dragging me to the dorm. I quickly changed into a black button up and my plain green fatigue pants, I holstered my pistol and double checked my wallet for my license for concealed carry before i looked at as she walked out wearing a tan shirt, leather jacket and blue jeans. I asked "ready to go?" She nodded as she slid her desert eagle into her holster as we headed out to the garage. We got in the up armored sedan before Meghan drove to the coffee shop she kept trying to get me to go to with her.