Chapter One: Old Enemies and New Wars

✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙
One for sorrow
Two for mirth
Three for a wedding
and Four for a birth
Five for silver
Six for gold
and Seven for a secret never to be told.
✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙✙

"They'll be here within five weeks time, brother. We need to divise a plan quickly before the veil drops completely," Kol stated as he stared down at the old, leather-bound spellbook in front of him.

"How the bloody hell do you expect us to fight off what could potentially be thousands of our dear enemies, huh? You know, I blame you for this, Nik. If you didn't happen to be such a bloody arse and make so many enemies, we wouldn't have everyone and their mother with a vendetta against us!" Rebekah ranted, running a hand through her pin-straight blonde locks.

"Sister, do calm yourself. We have defeated such enemies before and we will do so again," Elijah declared as he swirled around the scotch in the glass he held.

"That maybe true, 'Lijah, but we've never had to face them all at once. The numbers aren't exactly on our side," Kol pointed out.

Klaus stood from his spot. "Then we'll gather an army."

Rebekah stopped her pacing. "And how do you suppose we do that? Given that our army doesn't turn on us as well."

A grin slowly crept onto the hybrid's face. "I think it's time we pay another visit to Mystic Falls."

Author's Note: The plot of this story is pretty much completely different from the storyline of TVD and TO. What happened on the show in Mystic Falls did not happen here. You will, of course, learn more about this all in the next chapters.