chapter one

You got up to check the mail, just like you do every year, for your BeauxBattons letter. You walked up to your mailbox and took out the letters. There were so many, you could barely hold all of them without them falling. Dad never answers his mail ever since he found out about muggle phones. You looked through all the letters one by one, but you couldn't find that pale blue letter, sealed by the gold stamp. You had one letter left from Hogwarts. "Why would Hogwarts write to me?" you thought out loud. And most importantly, why didn't you get a BeauxBatons letter?

Your dad, Mason Sterling, noticed the confused look on your face and walked up to you. He was a good wizard, working in the Ministry of Magic, department 2.6. Department of Magical Games and Sports.

"What's wrong, didn't get your BeauxBattons letter?" he joked. He scratched his dark brown beard as you looked even more confused than ever.

"How did you know?" you blurted.

"What Y/N? I was only joking." he said. "Are you sure you looked through these letters properly?"

You gulped. "I just did, but I can look again. It must be a mistake."

"I'll look through them, you should go eat dinner." he proposed.

AFTER DINNER

"Y/N, Clarissa, please come here."

Clarissa was your mother's name. She was a Herbologist and an author , she wrote books about the magical plants that she studies. She was a very pretty blonde woman, who had hazel eyes and a very bright smile. You often get told that your eyes are just like your mothers.

"Y/N, you didn't get a BeauxBatons letter this year."

Your mother gasped and looked at you sternly.

"Did you get expelled? Why don't we know? Where are you going to go to school now?" she kept on asking more questions until your dad shushed her.

"But you got a letter from Hogwarts. I didn't read it yet."

He handed you the letter, and your mother looked like she was going to pass out.

"Go on honey, open it." she managed to splutter.

You carefully opened the brownish letter, and took out the paper inside.

Dear Y/N Fleur Sterling

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

You will be transferred from BeauxBattons.

You will not need to buy new supplies, just 3 black cloaks.

To avoid detection from muggles, please use the entrance located in King Cross Station Downtown London, on Platform 9¾.

We look forward to seeing you here.

Yours Sincerely

Albus Dumbledore