✓ | 𝘳𝘢𝘺

[ The Promised Neverland

Modern AU

TW: none ]

"RAY YOU COWARD GET BACK here!!" [Name]'s screams echoed throughout the apartment the two young college student's shared.

"[NAME], I SAID I WAS SORRY!!" ray sprinted into his room and into his closet praying for safety.

"ray.. come out.." the girl said, entering her terrified roommates' living space.

'omfg.. this room is a mess-' the girl snapped herself out of her thoughts, smirking. 'of course he'd hide in there.. Idiot'

ray smacked his hand on his mouth, trying to be quiet. unfortunately, the sound of his hand smacking his face alerted [Name] making her suspicions complete.

"oh ray~" she sang, "come out ray! I just want to talk"

ray, knowing he's been caught speaks up, "no! your going to murder me!!" the closet door slams open, making ray gasp. There stood [Name] with an evil smirk plastered on her face.

"found you.. ray"

later -

"do you two realise how many complaints from the neighbors we got?! you two have been unbelievably loud! what in god's name were you two doing?!" the land-lord spoke, his finger pointing right at them.

[Name] pointed her finger at ray, "he ate all my chocolate i was saving"

"It's your fault for leaving them out in the open!"

"Is not!"

"ENOUGH!!" the land-lord started, "if you two don't make up maybe i'll just have to kick you out!"

"WHAT?!?" the two young kids shout.

"that's unfair." [name] spoke up.

"super unfair." ray agreed.

"oh it's totally fair!" the land-lord said before stomping away.

"hmph." [name] said, crossing her arms.

ray looked down, "uh.. [name]..?" ray starts.

"what is it now? chocolate thief." [name] responds

"since the land-lord wants us to get along, can i take you somewhere tonight?"

"huh? sure.. i guess"

ray stands up, "then meet me at the entrance to our apartment building in at sun-down."

"okay?"

[name] ended up going over to Emma's place to help get ready.

"I feel like i'm making this into a much bigger deal than it should be.."

"non-sense! ray obviously likes you back! I bet he's thinking this is like a date too!"

"but-"

"no buts. just go with it."

"mm.." [name] replies. Emma had tried to dress her up in a dress, but [name] refused and dressed herself in what she thought was appropriate. she was wearing ripped black skinny jeans, a black band shirt with black and green stripes on the sleeves, and converse that [name] had painted.

with ray -

"why norman! I have the worst timing! I mean, she was just pissed off with me!"

"hey, hey, ray calm down. she was only mad, it's not like she hates you"

"yeah sure and right now she wants to be in a magical unicorn palace with me"

"ray, i'm serious! she might have not been the happiest with you at that moment but im sure she's already forgiven you!"

"whatever.." ray responds. norman honestly had no clue how to help ray appearance wise so he just ended up giving him advice. ray dressed himself. he was wearing normal jeans and a t-shirt that was just a little too big for him.

at sun-down -

"god, im so dumb.." ray mumbles, waiting for his crush at the enterence of their apartment building, "I mean, why would she come?! It's not like she likes me."

"RAY!!!" a female voice shouts from the distance, "sorry for.. *pant* ..being.. *pant* ..late-" she starts, obviously out of breath.

"oh, it's fine"

once she caught her breath she continued, "emma was giving me a.. lecture again."

ray blushed as he looked at her body, taking in the view. "of course.."

"anyways, where are we going?" [name] asks.

"you'll see." ray says, grabbing her hand and pulling her along. [name] blushes from the sudden contact with the boy.

after a while the two ended up at a large hill, they could see the whole city, lit up with lights. And the best part of all for name, was above them. the stars. they were beautiful.

"ray-" [name] was cut off by ray.

"[Name], I love you"

[Name] blushed, "you- what!"

"I had to tell you.. even if you don't return my feeli-"

[Name] pulled ray to her, smashing her lips against his. ray stood stiff at first, before melting into the kiss. ray moved his hands to her waist, not daring to let go even once. [name] pulled away for air, gasping before saying,

"I love you too, ray."

"high five!" a voice said in a whisper.

"yeah!" the two then heard a clap. [name] and ray looked in the bushes.

"Norman?!"

"Emma?!"

"looks like we've been found out.."

"WHAT THE HELL!!"

[ end

ch. 4

742 words

requested-

10 - 8 - 2020 ]