Chapter 1

Marinette sighed as her back hit the bed of the unfamiliar place. She was in one of the most dangerous cities in the world, along with her best friend. She didn't want to think about what brought her to come to the place, but the memories just kept coming back. Lila had kept her promise. She took away almost everyone Marinette held dear to her heart. Her so called friends, because if Ladybug's so called best friend says it, it must be true. Her parents, should they have asked their daughter what was happening on her side? No. And her crush. The man knew what Lila was doing, yet kept quiet. Saw her getting pushed down the stairs, saw the commissions she got paid for ripped up, saw the class ambushing her, and even helped in on them in the verbal bullying. But should he have helped? No, he shouldn't. And whenever they were alone, he would say the same words. "You should have taken the high road."

She groaned at the memories. Tikki was worried about her chosen and got her to move out. She got her to tell her best friend that she was Ladybug and let her keep her miraculous. She even got her to take away Chat's miraculous because he really wasn't doing anything, and when he did, it would mess up everyone else.

Plagg was disappointed in his holder. He knew that it wasn't his fault. The chaotic energy was building up in him and his way of getting it out was bullying someone. He wasn't fit to have the cat miraculous. It was a good thing Marinette took him away before he did something worse as Chat Noir to Marinette.

Marinette turned to her side. She felt like crying. Not only have the kids she knew since childhood turned on her, but everyone, most of the oblivious city of Paris, thought she was a bully. She still had her Uncle Jagged and Penny, Luka, Kagami, and her mother, but that still made her sad. The worst part was everyone knew that she was the main target of Chloe's bullying. Everyone knew it and would always gave her sympathetic glances whenever they saw her, but now they think she would give that pain to someone else after experiencing the pain herself. She wouldn't want to put that on anyone.

She looked at the time. It was three in the evening there. It meant that it was nine at night for Parisians. She should have been out patrolling Paris right now, but why should she since they obviously didn't care about her? She wanted to go out and feel the wind in her hair as she ran across the rooftops of Paris, seeing the lights of the city she loved to protect. Lately, she just did it because no one else would do it. She came to hate the city. She never gave out interviews anymore. If you couldn't love her in her civilian form, why do you love her in her hero form. Marinette helped as many people as she could in civilian form, so shouldn't people love her? But atlast, they don't.

Marinette was snapped out of her thoughts by her best friend yelling into her room. "Dupain-Cheng! Get your butt up! We're going shopping before it becomes dark. I don't want to deal with the rogues here. Their outfits are ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous!" Chloe, her best friend, shouted into her room.

Marinette groaned at her friend. She was really tired because they just spent the last nine hours on the flight and getting to the apartment they were staying at. She was tired because she didn't get any sleep from the flight. But she knew that that wasn't going to keep Chloe from taking her out shopping.

"Give me a minute. I just sat down. Plus we just arrived here." Marinette shouted back at her friend.

"You have five minutes in there before I come and make you go shopping with me." Chloe shouted.

Marinette sighed. She knew there was no point in arguing back. She was going to lose. She just stayed there for a minute, staring at the ceiling, thinking about her life, again.

After that was done, she went into the bathroom that was inside her room. When she looked into the mirror, she saw that she had tears rolling down her face. She didn't even know she was crying.