chapter 39

~Ruth~

Shailene and I sit on one side of the lawyer and Miles and Eden on the other. Everytime I look at my husband I feel like throwing up. I can't believe that he fooled me for two months! He did not care that his son was in comma!

The lawyer slides a piece of paper towards me saying. "Please read it before signing incase some changes need to be made."

My hands start trembling as I reach out for it. Shailene puts a hand on my arm to tell me that she's here for me. I read the first few lines but then the image starts blurring. I quickly sign it and hand it back.

Miles takes his time to read and then signs it.

"Now that you both have signed the divorce papers. You are officially no longer husband and wife." The lawyer announces.

Miles at once gets up and leaves but Shailene and Eden stay with me. I'm feeling lonely and relieved at the same time.

I can't decide between one.

This must be the shortest chapter ever written. Atleast for me it is.

Anyways this was just a filler chapter because without it the story would seem incomplete.

I go back to school tomorrow so the number of updates will reduce to twice a week.

From here onwards the story is going to be in sort of fast forward. You'll find out what I mean when you get to read the next chapters.

The sun finally showed up after what seems like years. That is also a reason why this chapter is so short. I like summers because the sun is always out. But in winters it hardly ever shows up.

Now I'm going to go out and enjoy it before it decides to disappear again.

And also the wait for Insurent is driving me CRAZY!!!

-Fangirl