𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

["𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝

["𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝." -𝙹.𝚁.𝚁 𝚃𝚘𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚎𝚗]

I stare at my shoes and I could feel the weight on my shoulders, the weight I've been carrying around almost all my life.

The fact that my sister died was already harsh enough, but the fact that she died because of me makes it all so much worse.

The Twilight light shines on my face as my dark thoughts haunt me. My hair flows through the wind and covers my face.

I always try to convince myself that it wasn't my fault, but it'll always be my fault. This is just something I can't run away from, but I keep attempting to run away from.

I look up at the darkening twilight sky and inhale before smiling sadly. 

It's quite silent except for the sound of my breathing. My sister isn't breathing anymore, because of me. It's all my fault. 

I cover my face with my hands. Jirou wraps an arm around me, but doesn't say anything. I sigh and gulp back the lump that had formed in my throat.

I couldn't cry. Not here. Not in front of Jirou. I grit my teeth. Not in anger, but in fear. Fear that my emotions weren't as repressed as I want them to be.

I turn to Jirou and she notices my glare before giving me a warm smile. 

'I'm a murderer. I killed my own sister.' I think and frown.

'Yes, but she well deserved it.' I answer myself.

My eyes widen and I crack into a fit of coughs. How could I say such a thing? She didn't deserve it at all.

Jirou unwraps her arm from me and purses her lips.

'Are you gonna tell me what's wrong?' She ask.

'W;What?' My eyes widen in surprised: 'Um, I don't understand...'

Jirou hums as an answer, but doesn't say much more. I look at my walking feet and anger bubbles up inside me. Anger directed at myself. I thought, I repressed my feelings good enough.

As if reading my mind, Jirou mutters: 'You do repress your feelings quite well, actually. I just know how to read people pretty well.'

I sigh in relief and clear my throat. It's time that I forget about that stupid accident with my sister. At least for now. I have other priorities. Like, making a friend as to I don't have many.

I turn to Jirou for a moment before looking down at my feet.

'Well, Jirou. It seems you like music?' I ask, trying to start some type of conversation.

Her face brightens and she nods: 'I;I do. I actually play a few instruments!'

'Oh, What instruments?' I continue.

'Guitar and bass.' Jirou answers with a shrug.

'I kind of guessed you play the guitar. I play piano just for fun though.' I answer.

'Oh, piano's cool too.' Jirou mumbles.

'We'll turn a right here.' I state as I point at the crosswalk: 'The store is across the street.'

After crossing the street we walk into the store and look around. I walk up to the man behind counter.

'Do you have any old music box pieces in store today?' I ask.

'Oh dear, yes. Quite a lot actually, [L/n]-san.' He answers as he scratches his head.

'Ah, yes. Thanks.' I answer with a smile and turn to Jiro: 'Follow.'

Jiro follows me as we go through each isle until we make it to the far end of the store where the music box piece and pieces are.

I stare at each piece for a moment before grabbing three that look somewhat like the gear from Jiro's music box. I purse my lips before picking the best ratchet lever. 

'Okay, got the pieces...' I mutter before turning to Jiro.

Jiro forces a smile before scratching the back of her neck: 'I;I'm sorry to bring this upon you. I mean, fixing a thousand-year-old music box that'll most likely break even after you fix it.'

I stare at her for a second before chuckling: 'Jiro, it's fine. This is what I do after all. It's my job to fix things. I'm actually intrigued to start tinkering with that music box because of how old it is.'

Jiro stares at me in surprised for a moment before a warm smile crosses her face: 'Thank you, [L/n]. So much, really. You're a really good person.'

I blush slightly at the compliment, but I don't say anything as I don't know how to respond. I open my mouth, but close it quickly.

'A "thank you" would be fine.' Jiro mutters.

'O;Oh! Thank you, Jiro-san.' I bow.

'Just call me Kyoka, idiot.' Jiro pushes me up: 'And you needn't to bow.'

'R;Right, Kyoka!' I salute: 'And I guess you can call me [F/n]'

'Hm.' Jiro smirks: 'I it better than: [L/n].'

I blush again and look down at my hands which are tinkering with the pieces.