2

After that night, you made a point to visit that same Starbucks every day.

Between work and the upkeep on your channel, you only ever had time to stop by for an hour or two. You would purchase a sugar-infused coffee, seat yourself at the very table the stranger had occupied before, and impatiently watch the front door.

Even you could admit that it wasn't an ideal way to find someone. For all you knew, that day was the first and last time he would ever step into another Starbucks again. You couldn't explain why you were so eager to figure him out. It was a gnawing feeling in your gut, a strange urge or instinct that kept kicking you in that direction. But it seemed to be a futile attempt all the same.

In spite of it all, it only took a couple days before you saw him again.

You were chewing on the straw of your iced latte, inhaling the pleasant mix of cinnamon and caramel you settled on for the day. Your eyes trailed back and forth between the door and your phone, scrolling through social media to pass the time.

You were in the middle of adding a comment to someone's post when the jingle of a bell played in your ears, which would happen when the front door opened and a new customer would enter the room. You flicked your gaze on to this new presence, and nearly choked on your straw. It was him. He was here.

You watched him stroll up to the counter, waiting patiently to be tended to by a barista. You took in the profile of his face. A sharp jaw, free of any shadow of stubble across his skin. His hair was inky black, styled in a curled mess on top of his head. Despite the distance between you, you could tell his eyes were just as void of any color.

You pushed off of your chair, arms folded in front of you, inclined to hear that voice again. You strained your ears, in hopes that hearing his coffee order would resolve the mystery surrounding him. Eventually, a barista approached the opposite side of the counter.

"Can I get a mocha with an extra shot, please?" Your breath hitched in your throat. Hearing his voice through all of those videos made you certain. This was absolutely the man from those videos you watched just a couple days prior. Even with the evidence before you, it was still hard to believe he was a popular Youtuber. It was especially hard to believe he was a Youtuber who got to hang out with other popular YouTubers, some who you had been watching for several years.

While his order was being processed, you analyzed the profile of his face. He had a sharp jawline, unencumbered by the shadow of stubble. His nose was sharp, pointed and linear. His eyes void of color, much like his messily-styled hair piled on top of his head. His clothes were form fitting and inky black, similar to what he wore the first time you saw him.

You began chewing on your straw with a more anxious fervor. He was here, just as you wanted him to be - now what? What would you say to a man after you've uncovered his biggest secret? It was obvious he didn't mix his private life with his internet persona. Being someone who posts on YouTube as well, you could understand why.

Hurtful comments have been and will always be around - you learned to overcome that a long time ago. And while those were one thing, threats made on your life or your family's lives were something completely different. And very horribly real.

You couldn't bring yourself to expose him like that. You wouldn't. It simply is not the type of person you are.

While you sifted through all of your conflicting thoughts, the man had obtained his order, as well as a desirable place to sit. A spacious booth, tucked away in a quiet corner. If you were ever planning on talking to him, it was now or never.

You found your legs moving without your brain's permission. It felt more like floating on air rather than walking towards the man with a massive secret. You did your best to hide the apprehensive look on your face.