3

Grocery shopping was admittedly your least favorite chore.

The pop music playing on a continuous loop through the store was mind-numbing, and the fluorescent lights gave you a headache. Shopping carts squeaking around corners and cramming through packed cereal aisles. Not to mention, you always seemed to leave with something you didn't need.

Today, it was a spice scented candle and two decorative plants. Looking at them now, you weren't sure were you planned to put them in the first place. Too late to turn back now.

You were trailing down your grocery list with the end of your pen, crossing through certain items as you went. The frozen aisle had left you shivering, and you pulled your loosely-knit cardigan tighter over your shoulders. A few loose strands of hair dangled in front of your eyes, refusing to obey the regulation of your hair tie. No matter how you styled your hair, there were always a few strays that remained to frame your face.

Brow furrowed, absorbed in finding the next item on your list, you were planning on making it your top priority to find everything and leave as quickly as possible. The homey scent of your candle could only keep you sane for so long.

You turned into the next designated aisle of your trip. You were almost surprised to find a new wave of customers crowding the little aisle, leaving just a few inches for you to wiggle through. You propped your elbows on the shopping cart, letting out a frustrated huff of breath.

You abandoned your cart for a few minutes in search of your favorite salty snack. You muttered an 'excuse me' to every person you bumped shoulders with, despite the lack of courtesy in return. You suppressed a glare to the woman that pushed her cart into your hip while she wasn't paying attention. Your patience was wearing thin.

Eventually, you managed to find exactly what you were looking for. You were ready to snatch it up and leave, your arm outstretched and your fingers just barely brushing across the box. You were struck with a sudden horror—

You weren't tall enough to reach the shelf.

Your lips pursed together in your irritation. And it was just barely out of reach, at that. Be it your sense of stubbornness or outright denial, you made another attempt. Standing on your tiptoes, arm reaching to its limit, you couldn't seem to get a solid grip.

Suddenly, a large arm stretched out over yours, retrieving the item instead. You felt someone's chest barely grazing over your back. You inhaled sharply at the unexpected presence, and you were overcome by a cedar wood and vetiver cologne. You turned to find a familiar pair of umber brown eyes staring directly into yours.

"This what you wanted?" He asked, offering the box to you.

You froze in that moment, gazing over that chipped black nail polish he seemed to wear like a signature trait. Trailing over his toned arm, to his broad chest pushing through the fabric of his black t-shirt. You were suddenly acutely aware of how close you were to him. You would take a step backwards, but you found that you were boxed in by the shelves behind you.

You took the box and tucked it under your arm. You couldn't find the courage to look him in the eye.

"Yeah... thank you," you muttered to him, tucking some loose hair behind your ear.

You never imagined finding a stranger would be this easy. This stranger in particular seemed to go everywhere you went. He must live nearby, much closer than you presumed, if he goes grocery shopping at the same place you do.

"So, are you stalking me now?" He queried with that same little half-smile he gave you before, though this one was much more cocky and shit-eating.